GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity has anyone here ever stayed at the Switzerland Inn? My wife and I are thinking about taking a weekend and riding up around the BRP in that area. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I had a good meal there once! Place looked well cared for.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Stayed there last August. Rode in rain and fog all day on the BRP and lucked up and got the only room they had left for the night. It's an old inn with a pretty good resturant and bar. The room was clean but a some what pricey. Only spent the one night and left out early the next morning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We stayed ther about 2 weeks ago and thought it was very nice, they have a motorcycle section that has rooms with a double bed for $69 a night with a roof on the end to park your bike under. Also have a very good resturant and bar, I had a great Prime Rib dinner. I will stay there everytime i go to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is about mile marker 320.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
... they have a motorcycle section that has rooms with a double bed for $69 a night with a roof on the end to park your bike under. ....
I believe that section is called the Diamond Back Lodge and we've stayed there several times. If I remember correctly, the price includes breakfast. There are only eight rooms so this section can fill up early in the day.

Cool nights and no AC, but the provided fan was all we needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts