GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got around to installing SXM antennae on a 19 I bought summer of last year. As soon as it turns riding weather here in Michigan I will start subscription.
I had traffic and weather on my 2014 wing and the weather subscription proved useful and saved me from getting soaked a couple times.

For those who use the honda GPS and have this- does it save you and route you around closed roads, or traffic congestion. And does it show bad weather ahead of your travels.
Do you find it worthwhile.

Not looking to hear from people that don't use the Honda GPS because it sucks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes to both of your questions. However, the weather display is less than good, you have to zoom in pretty far to see the rain. Far more zoomed in than you would be while normally navigating.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes to both of your questions. However, the weather display is less than good, you have to zoom in pretty far to see the rain. Far more zoomed in than you would be while normally navigating.
Thank you Tonik. This answer is important for me as well. I installed the antenna recently and was waiting for riding season before subscribing to weather.

The 3rd party antenna placed in the V shaped void area hidden under the windshield garnish works perfectly, way beyond expectations testing with a 3 month trial entertainment subscription. Unfortunately weather [the paid service I want] and traffic are not offered as a trial subscription.

BTW on the XM service is there any audio feedback for weather forecasting?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Good to know I'll have to zoom in to see a storm. Usually don't look at that unless I'm driving toward darkened skies. Then I look to see if my route looks wet and if I go west, then north I may be riding on wet roads, but I don't need to stop and put on my rain gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts