GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Downloaded the update,connected to the Wing and it shows up in the CarPlay menu. Did a quick navigation mapping and all seems to function fine. It did not prompt me to purchase anything additional. Too cold in the northeast to take the bike out and test how well it works but it does display and provide directions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Downloaded the update,connected to the Wing and it shows up in the CarPlay menu. Did a quick navigation mapping and all seems to function fine. It did not prompt me to purchase anything additional. Too cold in the northeast to take the bike out and test how well it works but it does display and provide directions

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe its for the Premium version. I saw that post as well and double checked to see that it worked with the cheaper version I bought last year... yep it works.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like Sygic only gives you a 7 day trial version of CarPlay,.after that you pay $35.00 for the premium version. See the below link. I don't have a problem with paying for a service but when I purchased the original product it came with all updates as part of the subscription not just some. I feel this is a little deceitful on Sygics part. I may just delete the app and look elsewhere even if it cost a little more. IF they wanted to 35.00 up front I probably would have paid that, but to rope you in on the cheap then wack you with new features costing 3x the original price just doesn't sit well with me.

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-car-navigation/why-sygic/difference-between-premium-and-free

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks like Sygic only gives you a 7 day trial version of CarPlay,.after that you pay $35.00 for the premium version. See the below link. I don't have a problem with paying for a service but when I purchased the original product it came with all updates as part of the subscription not just some. I feel this is a little deceitful on Sygics part. I may just delete the app and look elsewhere even if it cost a little more. IF they wanted to 35.00 up front I probably would have paid that, but to rope you in on the cheap then wack you with new features costing 3x the original price just doesn't sit well with me.

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-car-navigation/why-sygic/difference-between-premium-and-free
We also bought the app and now they want more for the CarPlay version? Deleted it...... will stay with the bike GPS and Google Maps and Waze

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just going to remount my Garmin Dezel 770 for trip navigation. Sad that both Honda and now Sygic flopped on navigation !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts