20/50 Amsoil

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wesson :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Today I placed an order for a case of 10W-40 from Bulldog. I plan to switch to the Amsoil the next change. :) Thanks BD. :D

Todd

·
Registered
44 Posts
20W50 Amsoil motorcycle specific

·
Registered
747 Posts
pass the popcorn please..............

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
Amsoil 20/50 Motorcycle Specific

·
Registered
598 Posts
Depending on where I am when I change the oil, Shell Rotella 5W-40 or Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40. The Delvac 1 has the same characteristics, same ratings, as the synthetic Rotella. Just put Delvac 1 in as I want it to start easily down to 20 below.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bulldog said:
10W40 Amsoil MCF Motorcycle specific.
Heaven in a bottle don't cha know.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Shell Rotella t 5-40 in engine and mobil -1 synthetic gear oil in rear end, nothing but synthetic in everything I own all cars shell rotella t syn.
here is a good link for You I used mobil one for years and switched because of price and possible additives may cause clutch problems Shell won't have this clutch issue, and shell can be had any wal-mart in the states, anyhow here is the link
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stor ... -life.html

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Canola oil - keeps the canola from squeeking......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kikker said:
How many of you are using synthetic oil in your GL1800? What brands are you using?
ditto ..

10W40 Amsoil MCF Motorcycle specific, since 1998!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Tried two different brands of synthetic oil and went back to Honda HP4. I like it better and it is quite a bit cheaper. If Honda says it is good that is all I need....

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now for the loaded question.

Personally, I know absolutely nothing about oil(s). I have generally used what ever most other have used or recommended.

The big question is, why do you use synthetic oils and not the Honda recommended oil? Are we taking a risk if something happens to the engine while under factory warranty, even if it wasn't oil related?

You will have to forgive me but, I have always wanted to know why about a lot of things. I've learned a lot from others. At lease those that have the knowledge and or enough experience.

In 6 years, I put 211,000 miles on my 1988 GL1500 using nothing but Honda oil. That probably would be considered on the high side of mileage by an original owner.

This has been a question I have had for a long time.

Please understand, I'm not trying to get all of you to use Honda oil, I only wanted to know why you changed type and brands.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts