GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I put 645 miles on our 2012 since yesterday morning. The bike is truly amazing - 75 MPH nearly the entire distance. For some reason though, the GPS system rebooted itself three times during the trip doing 75! The screen blanks out, then the starting system screens flash as usual, before the "Push Enter" screen appears (meaning I need to pull over and stop to do so). The three occurrences happened several hours apart. After restart, the same route came back up and started where it left off. I was thinking that maybe the GPS was having problems loading the next section of the map into memory or something (moved out of my local map area - just a guess). Any other ideas?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had that happen on a trip this summer on my 01.

Eventually, during the trip. I couldn't start the bike. Upon inspection, I found that the ground connection on my battery was loose. The GPS was much more sensitive to the problem than the bike itself. I put a little locktite on the battery connections!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts