GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I JUST changed mine yesterday to Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40. It was nice and quiet on startup and "sounded" a bit quieter than the T6. 🤷‍♂️ I will be taking it for a ride today and see about shifting etc.
I did quite a bit of reading about an alternative and it seems like Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 will be a good fit and very similar performance to T6.

Tractor Supply had the best price around me last week. However it looks like NAPA might be cheaper today. (Walmart is cheaper but none to be found within 50miles of me)

Brian

Tire Automotive care Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part

·
Registered
126 Posts
WHOOP...WHOOP!!!

OIL THREAD ALERT...OIL THREAD ALERT...THIS IS NOT A DRILL...

ALL OIL THREAD WARRIORS TO YOUR BATTLE STATIONS...

I SAY AGAIN: THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Oh Man....... I sucked in not even thinking about it! o_O

Just hopefully trying to be helpful Robin! :)

Reactions: Pappy35

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHOOP...WHOOP!!!

Yea i know just trying to get a general idea i think i'm going to Amsoil thanks for the funny reply anyhow drill over

·
Registered
617 Posts
Don't forget to check your local Home Depot for T-6. Crazy, but yes, they carry it. I got lucky yesterday and they got a shipment in. Grabbed 6 gallons for my truck, wing, ATV, and KLR. It was even a buck cheaper then what Wal Mart is selling it for if they had it.

Reactions: Bri720a

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,194 Posts
Do NOT use T6 in your bike, or THIS will happen.

I read in another thread a while ago that this happened due to failure to change the crush washer!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I JUST changed mine yesterday to Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40. It was nice and quiet on startup and "sounded" a bit quieter than the T6. 🤷‍♂️ I will be taking it for a ride today and see about shifting etc.
I did quite a bit of reading about an alternative and it seems like Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 will be a good fit and very similar performance to T6.

Tractor Supply had the best price around me last week. However it looks like NAPA might be cheaper today. (Walmart is cheaper but none to be found within 50miles of me)

Brian

View attachment 397613
Also a DelVac 1 ESP fan. Switched from T6 years ago in my diesel VWs and equipment after lot of comparing Blackstone used oil tests and forum experiences. It's a much better high quality product than T6 ever was or is now.
Been working great in the prior two Concours, ST1300 and the Wing ever since I've owned it.
No clutch slippage issues, as it's not an "Energy or Resource Conserving" friction modifeiedproduct. You also won't find any JASO rating for those who wonder about or concern themselves with such stuff as that's not the market for the product. It's marketed at commercial diesel vehicles and heavy equipment. A heavy duty version of Mobil 1 5w-40 TDT.
Mobil/Exxon was running a $12/gallon rebate a couple times a year on DelVac products so I was getting it for $3.29/qt net after rebate from the local Fleet Farm. I haven't seen a rebate notice since last year but I had a good supply. Its about time to stock up again.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Don't laugh too hard. There are people--none here--who don't know that vehicles need oil changes.
True. A guy on the VW TDI forum I follow figured he didn't need to change engine oil since the engine would last as long as he temporarily needed the vehicle. (The factory oil/filter change interval is 10k miles). A bit over 100k miles later with only occasionally adding some oil top offs until it became so sludged up the oil pressure (lack thereof) light came on. A few flushes and filter changes and,last I knew, it was still going.
A person has to wonder sometimes how (if) the reasoning process works in some heads.

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
WHOOP...WHOOP!!!

I always read the oil threads; I think they are funny. My wife watches soap operas in both English in Spanish, probably for the same combination of humor and drama.

However, I think the OP had a legit question.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Brian

View attachment 397613
How many mileage can be changed

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
Don't laugh too hard. There are people--none here--who don't know that vehicles need oil changes.
There yea go, talking about me behind my back.. :love: .. (see I just learn'd something today../were suppose to change oil??lol)

Ronnie
3/15/22

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
929 Posts
Cap:
How's Gk supposed to talk about you behind your back when yer never off the forum for more than ten minutes at a time?

GK:
If you need to sneak one by, the method is simple. Being our resident word-smith, just dial up the nomenclature. You KNOW you got the tools...

Speaking of oil, here's something worth reading: we all know that in the past, as the price of gas rose, so also did the price of oil. None can predict the permanence of this latest round of price hikes. Honda dealer's price for GN4 hasn't gone up at recently: but I'm thinking that soon enough, we might see a huge price spike. Maybe time, no matter what oil ya like, to stock up while the price is relatively low? Wish we could have done that a year ago with gasoline...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts