GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good answer for a tail light flasher. Having come to the GW from the BMW community my first thought was a Clearwater Billy Tail Light but it is not applicable to anything but a BMW. Shame because it is a fine product. Looks like another choice is the Kisan tail blaser which is a plug and play for the 2018 + GW. Anybody have any input on this Kisan product?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I am looking for a good answer for a tail light flasher. Having come to the GW from the BMW community my first thought was a Clearwater Billy Tail Light but it is not applicable to anything but a BMW. Shame because it is a fine product. Looks like another choice is the Kisan tail blaser which is a plug and play for the 2018 + GW. Anybody have any input on this Kisan product?
Tailblazer is great, plug and play.
A must have item.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I installed a Comagination over 10 years ago in my 2005, but last year, it stopped flashing 5-7 times. It was small as a 50 cent piece and worked wonderfully.
I'm glad you brought up this post, and now that I'm reminded, I can't seem to find them anymore...just wondering if they're still around. It was about $20
( I think I had to install it with a diode as well )

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I have a signal dynamics wig-wag unit. Electrical connection also has a great unit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just installed the Kisan tail blazer and headlight modulator. Easy install. One of the first things I have put on all my bikes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a signal dynamics wig-wag unit. Electrical connection also has a great unit.
looked at the Electrical Connection option and it looks like you would need two of them for the 2018 + wing like the Kisan. I want plug & play so looks like both are similar in price but the EC is adjustable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kisan is out of stock on all the listed flashers for the 2018 GW. I watched a review of the plug & play version on Cruiseman and he asked them to send him one that flashed all rear lights (brake & turn). They sent a revised version for review. The desc. on Kisan site only describes flashing the tail (brake) lights so maybe they are updating the product. Any body order and get a Kisan very recently?

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
JUST CHANGE THE BULBS !!! MAKE BRAKE FLASHING BULBS HAVE ON MY WING OVER 50,000 MILES AND HAD ON MY 08

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Kisan is out of stock on all the listed flashers for the 2018 GW. I watched a review of the plug & play version on Cruiseman and he asked them to send him one that flashed all rear lights (brake & turn). They sent a revised version for review. The desc. on Kisan site only describes flashing the tail (brake) lights so maybe they are updating the product. Any body order and get a Kisan very recently?
I did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Call Kisan directly. Although listed as out of stock everywhere, Andy had enough to ship. The newer ones are smaller in size. Makes for an easier fit under the seat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered the Tailblazer by phone direct to Kisan. They are having the same problems as everyone else due to the virus screwing up their supply chain and employee availability, but may have some units available. They work great and really light up the rear end. And the newer ones are in a smaller case, so they are easier to find a place under the seat.

·
Registered
832 Posts
On my ‘04 model, the previous owner installed a Kuryakyn chrome rear trunk spoiler that has an LED run brake turn light bar in it. The brake light flashes 3 times, and then steady burns. I don’t know if Kuryakyn offers a version for the newer models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Up until recently I've been a long time and happy customer of various modules that provided brake light modulation.

However, I recently came across replacement bulbs that do the exact same thing at a significantly lower cost.

AUXLIGHT - Flashing Brake - Solid Run LEDs.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts