GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who have installed the older trunk lights.
Are they plug and play or did you have to modify the ele. plugs ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I used 08 OEM and they were plug & play

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the answer I was hoping for. Thank you very much

·
Registered
100 Posts
question

New to goldwings what is the advantage of older trunk lights
Thanks Brian

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in my case it's just a cosmetic thing

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
They match the light on the saddle bags better than the solid red lights that come on the trunk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used 08 OEM and they were plug & play
Do you know where the open connectors are for the trailer harness? I am trying to install a third brake/license plate led light. EConnections says locate a shiny black boot with a blue and red open connector in the boot. I cannot find anything clear/black boot with open connectors. I have taken the center pieces out including the tail light bar,even the painted plastic piece bellow the trunk.....nothing I guess the 2012 is different?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do you know where the open connectors are for the trailer harness? I am trying to install a third brake/license plate led light. EConnections says locate a shiny black boot with a blue and red open connector in the boot. I cannot find anything clear/black boot with open connectors. I have taken the center pieces out including the tail light bar,even the painted plastic piece bellow the trunk.....nothing I guess the 2012 is different?
The first trailer wiring I put on a 2012 was before any plug and play were available, , I tapped into the brake lights in the trunk, the 2nd one, an EC harness was available and it plugs in at the spoiler connector in the upper trunk liner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The first trailer wiring I put on a 2012 was before any plug and play were available, , I tapped into the brake lights in the trunk, the 2nd one, an EC harness was available and it plugs in at the spoiler connector in the upper trunk liner.
Thanks for the info......EConnection instructions stated the plugs was between the saddlebags, the center cover under the trunk. It must have been 2010 instructions not for a 2012.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts