GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lid on my tail trunk seems to be loose it rattles. Is there a way to tighten it up, not that we ever have overloaded it :)

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Check the hinges, they tend to loosen up. Some have used velcro where the lid "nipples" get rubbed (did I just say that out loud)...I put rubber adhesive pieces there.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
The lid on my tail trunk seems to be loose it rattles. Is there a way to tighten it up, not that we ever have overloaded it :)
Check to be sure neither of the trunk hinges are cracked nor the bolts are loose.Then get a set of these to support the weight on the trunk lid. http://wingriderproducts.com/

Rubber baby buggy bumpers will collaspe in time as will tubing inserted in the seal.
This can't happen with the trunk support system.And it's adjustable with a twist of it's stops.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I was having that trouble too. I found the left hinge broken. It's in the shop, hope to get it back today. I also use those rubber baby buggy bumpers.......work very well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts