GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to remove my taillight/turn (rear) signal pack on my 2012, but I though before I did I would ask. Are the bulbs the same as the ones used in the front turn signals? Same base and style bulb? (7443)

·
Registered
397 Posts
According to Honda Directline Parts they are different. The rear bulbs are 12V 21W Amber 33303-S2R-003, the front ones are 12V 21/5W ECE 34906-MBB-611

Im assuming the difference is because the front signals are also running lights where as the rear are not.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Honda Directline Parts they are different. The rear bulbs are 12V 21W Amber 33303-S2R-003, the front ones are 12V 21/5W ECE 34906-MBB-611

Im assuming the difference is because the front signals are also running lights where as the rear are not.
Thanks, I knew they were a different color, but was under the assumption that they were the same bulb size and design.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am about to remove my taillight/turn (rear) signal pack on my 2012, but I though before I did I would ask. Are the bulbs the same as the ones used in the front turn signals? Same base and style bulb? (7443)
7440 single wire = turn or tail
7443 double wire = tail/brake or front runing/turn

The Swede :cool:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The center bulbs are the same as the front lights, dual filament. The turn signal bulbs are single filament.
When I modified my center light (using the pins I bought from Corsa Technic), I just added the pins to the existing socket since the bulbs already had the extra filament. I did this BEFORE any aftermarket company had the kit to convert the lights.
Look up the REAR COMBINATION LIGHT on the parts fiche.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts