GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to post the Tailwind trailer for sale again. 2009 model with very low miles (about 5,000 miles).
Very dark grey - almost black
Excellent condition - just not being used and I am planning to move towards a travel trailer for touring.

$4,800 or best offer.

Marc
PM me through this board
text me at 707-249-4687
email at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
An attractive price. I suspect it will not last long

·
Registered
108 Posts
Astonishing.........The lack of interest this trailer has seen on this forum. This is the second time this trailer has been listed on this forum's classified section. Maybe this is not trailer buying season or the price may be a little high, but the ad says "or best offer".

There is a ton of information on this forum about these trailers, the manufacture of these trailers use material second to NONE in the building of these trailers.

I was fortunate and purchased a used 2011 Tailwind in December of 2018, less than a month after my purchase, I was rear ended while sitting still at a intersection waiting to enter roadway. Yes.... It wasn't a hard or fast impact, but enough to crack and damage the paint, but no damage to the E-Glass body. Less than a month after getting the damaged paint repainted and finished, I was again hit from the rear while sitting still at an intersection waiting to enter the roadway, this time it busted the left tail light but no damage to the paint or the body.

This trailer has an on board air compressor. On a recent Big Bend National Park trip my TPMS alarmed on low pressure. Pulled over and found screw in rear tire, removed screw, plugged tire, aired up with on board compressor and was on my way in less than 20 minutes. Sure you don't need a Tailwind too travel with an air compressor, but it is a nice feature.

I am in no way associated with the sell of this trailer, but I am trying to be a good steward to the fellow Goldwingers or other motorcyclists on this forum. This is a great product and deserves the extra coins needed to own one of these extraordinary trailers. If your in the market for a motorcycle cargo trailer this should be on your radar.

For what it's worth, I also own a 2007 Hannigan Sierra that I purchased used, had painted to match my 2015 40th anniversary paint scheme. I have pulled that trailer from Texas to Key West, from Texas to Nova Scotia, from Texas Yellowstone N.P., all with zero problems. This also is a great trailer, pulls great and looks great. The Tailwind is a little easier to load/unload and has the shock absorbent tongue. Strangely enough, this trailer was also rear ended while sitting in line to enter the Devil's Tower National Monument, knocked a quarter size paint chip off the rear of trailer. This was more of a bump rather than the hit the Tailwind took twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
"Astonishing.........The lack of interest this trailer has seen on this forum. This is the second time this trailer has been listed on this forum's classified section. Maybe this is not trailer buying season or the price may be a little high, but the ad says "or best offer"."

Everyone knows that these are great trailers but apparently no one needs one at this time:shrug:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Astonishing.........The lack of interest this trailer has seen on this forum. This is the second time this trailer has been listed on this forum's classified section. Maybe this is not trailer buying season or the price may be a little high, but the ad says "or best offer".

There is a ton of information on this forum about these trailers, the manufacture of these trailers use material second to NONE in the building of these trailers.

I was fortunate and purchased a used 2011 Tailwind in December of 2018, less than a month after my purchase, I was rear ended while sitting still at a intersection waiting to enter roadway. Yes.... It wasn't a hard or fast impact, but enough to crack and damage the paint, but no damage to the E-Glass body. Less than a month after getting the damaged paint repainted and finished, I was again hit from the rear while sitting still at an intersection waiting to enter the roadway, this time it busted the left tail light but no damage to the paint or the body.

This trailer has an on board air compressor. On a recent Big Bend National Park trip my TPMS alarmed on low pressure. Pulled over and found screw in rear tire, removed screw, plugged tire, aired up with on board compressor and was on my way in less than 20 minutes. Sure you don't need a Tailwind too travel with an air compressor, but it is a nice feature.

I am in no way associated with the sell of this trailer, but I am trying to be a good steward to the fellow Goldwingers or other motorcyclists on this forum. This is a great product and deserves the extra coins needed to own one of these extraordinary trailers. If your in the market for a motorcycle cargo trailer this should be on your radar.

For what it's worth, I also own a 2007 Hannigan Sierra that I purchased used, had painted to match my 2015 40th anniversary paint scheme. I have pulled that trailer from Texas to Key West, from Texas to Nova Scotia, from Texas Yellowstone N.P., all with zero problems. This also is a great trailer, pulls great and looks great. The Tailwind is a little easier to load/unload and has the shock absorbent tongue. Strangely enough, this trailer was also rear ended while sitting in line to enter the Devil's Tower National Monument, knocked a quarter size paint chip off the rear of trailer. This was more of a bump rather than the hit the Tailwind took twice.
From your experience in being rear ended, it sounds lie the low setting trailers are easy to overlook by drivers coming up behind. Of course ad in a cell phone for texting, "left handed cigarettes", alcohol and who knows what else. Sure wish I could justify this trailer, as I am aware it is the gold standard. But I am afraid it would spend more time sitting on a corner than rolling. Still, I have considered. Thanks for reminding us all of what a nice trailer the Tailwind is. Pretty sure someone will be along to buy it soon. :)

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Email sent

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Astonishing.........The lack of interest this trailer has seen on this forum. This is the second time this trailer has been listed on this forum's classified section. Maybe this is not trailer buying season or the price may be a little high, but the ad says "or best offer"."

Everyone knows that these are great trailers but apparently no one needs one at this time:shrug:
I would have bought this trailer long ago but it is 3100 miles from my house. I am not able to take the time to make the trip right now. Now if anyone wants to help me out and deliver it, that’s a different story. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If someone has a travel trailer in the 27' range, that wants to work a deal for the Tailwind, I would be interested.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Timing is everything. In May I sold a 27' Revere/Shasta in fantastic condition. Also sold my Piggy Backer and I bought a new to me cargo trailer.

Bump for a great trailer.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm more than willing to help out another rider, by shuttling your trailer to a potential buyer in eastern Maryland. However, I have a 4-pin flat connector for my Aluma MCT. I wonder if an adapter plug could be made which would travel with the unit? Could this be arranged on your end or something from Tom Finch's production barn?

Also, what size is the ball? I currently have a 1 7/8" ball, not sure if all motorcycle cargo trailers have a similar sized ball assembly.

As we know, there are several other riders who often help in the transport of trailers/bikes, let's help get yours sold and moved to the other coast before snow sets in...especially here in central Arizona.

Whatchya think?

- David

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The ball size is 1 7/8"

When I purchased the trailer, I did not have my bike wired for the 6 pin round yet and had discussions with Tom and he was very clear that a 4 pin could not be converted to work on this trailer wiring set up. What I did do for the 400 mile pull home, was to wire a single tail/brake lite with the 4 pin connector and then used a license plate bracket that would typically hold the plate to a light mounted on a harbor freight type trailer, except I then bolted my bracket to the license plate already on the trailer and had the light above the plate. I know it was not a "legal" set up, but the CHP did not bother me as you could see my bike light clearly over the trailer and that light acted as a third brake light. I could throw that back together if that is what would be needed.

Yes, McGuyver is my freind....:laugh:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big_Bird, you are correct. Thanks for catching that typo. I have fixed my post to the correct 6 pin.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.