GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before it was just the welds cracking. Now we have frame cracks. If you go under tater's post on the 2nd page & click on pictures you can see them plain as light. What is next for us???? Can you weld a cracked frame where there was no weld & have it hold up ???? Sooner or later some one is going to get hurt real bad. I am not trying to start trouble. We both love our bike & trike.

G

·
0 Posts
well I've had it with cracks! I'm up to HERE in cracks ! everything is CRACKS CRACKS CRACKS ! I'm gonna .... I'm gonna...well I'm gonna do somethin...I'm gonna go look at my bike for cracks :x

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yaaa I went there and l have seen the pictures !..... :banghead:
Gee's we DID NOT need this to happen. :24shocked:
Here we go AGAIN !! :no:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hey Javern..... want to buy some CRACK!!? :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is that one of those new BUTTNOSE 747's?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm ignorant and I'm not an engineer.

Okay, that having been said clearly the rest of this will be anything but. I remember reading somewhere on the internet, not too long ago, of a concern about the heat of the converters, their proximity to the aluminum frame, and the heat cycle-ability (?) of the aluminum - something about 350 degrees.

However, Honda's NOT ignorant and they DO have engineers.

That's all I have, so sleep well.

Steve

·
Registered
615 Posts
Where can I read about this? I went to the tech side and only saw Fred's warning., and Red's pic. But whose bike. Joy

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks Red, Have no idea how I missed that post.
Thanks Fred, thanks Kent and thanks Brian. I know we will all want to thank you guys eventually.

What made you find these cracks? I sure wish I lived near Fred. My bike would be mechanically perfect.

Trent , so your the one that beat me in MS.............Beautiful bike. Joy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Help! Help the sky is falling, their going to get us ,their going to get us!!!!!!!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have seen so many mentions of a frame crack, that i am just about ready to start another oil useage debate.

loren

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just heard that Honda's new jet has developed some frame cracks. There solution was to extend the warranty!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts