·
Registered
655 Posts
I would like to know what it goes for.
Very cool.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I once had a GL1000. I'm temped to bid on it but I have too much stuff now.

·
Registered
686 Posts
THAT is a cool bike!

Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but wouldn't there be some issues on a bike that hadn't been serviced (i.e. original factory fluids) in that length of time, or would it have been shipped "dry"?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have seen this bike , it looks as good as the pictures show , have not been down there for a few years though . good people to deal with when I was there .

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THAT is a cool bike!

Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but wouldn't there be some issues on a bike that hadn't been serviced (i.e. original factory fluids) in that length of time, or would it have been shipped "dry"?
I don't think it would have been shipped "dry". I would think if you were going to ride it all of the fluids would need to be drained and replaced prior to even starting. The gas (if any) would have to be drained and the carbs and filters cleaned/replaced. The tires would need to be replaced before riding as well.

But that few miles, would you want to even ride it or keep it as a "trophy piece"?? It's got to be the lowest mileage Wing in existance for that year..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Very nice bike, but I would spend the same amount of money on a new Wing that I could ride, and not just look at. When put on static display, they may have drained all the fluids. No telling what shape the motor is inside.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Very nice bike, but I would spend the same amount of money on a new Wing that I could ride, and not just look at. When put on static display, they may have drained all the fluids. No telling what shape the motor is inside.
I agree with what you say. It got me to wondering though. Since it's never been sold or titled does that mean the factory warranty is still good? If so they can't use the "wear item" excuse so getting it road worthy should be covered since it's a "new" bike. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
958 Posts
THAT is a cool bike!

Very rare and cool bike, but I was thinking the same thing.

Quote from their ad "Our choice to never service it has significantly increased the collectable value of this bike!"

I might have to personally disagree with that comment. How much are 35 year old tires and oil worth?

Or maybe I should just stop servicing my 2007 and watch it go up in value? :shrug:

I also find it strange there are no bids yet. Hmmm, I guess it's true most wingers would rather ride than stare at a bike and occasionally polish it, no matter how rare and nice it is...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts