GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other way to talk to other bikes without a CB .? I have seen Chatter Box , but will both bikes have to have one ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
With the Chatter Box there's a small box that attaches to your helmet and of anyone else you want to talk to. I don't know what the distance would be.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Cardo Scala headsets do the same thing, I have a set for when the wife rides her bike. Range is about 1/4 mile+-. YMMV

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sena is another brand of of wireless headset - you can use them for bike-to-bike. They're working (might be available by now) a way for the Sena unit to talk to a different brand.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know some groups use FRS (Family Radio Service) or GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) radios. Both readily available. GMRS is higher powered but does require a FCC license.

John

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Again, if you want something other than a CB, make sure your buddy, wife or whoever you want to talk to buys one also. Otherwise, it will be mighty quiet. That is most of us use a CB radio. You can not only talk to other bikes,but more importantly, you can hear what is going on around you such as info about traffic and so on. With anything else it is quiet. I turn mine on when necessary when traveling. Got me out of a jam a couple of times. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info . I have a CB , about 4 years old and it just stop working , it all looks good on dash as far as transmitting and receiving , but all I can hear is a snowy sound . not sure if it's CB or controls on bike . Can a CB be fixed ? Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Thanks for all the info . I have a CB , about 4 years old and it just stop working , it all looks good on dash as far as transmitting and receiving , but all I can hear is a snowy sound . not sure if it's CB or controls on bike . Can a CB be fixed ? Thanks guys
Turn the squelch to 0(zero) then up until the snowy noise stops. Check all the connections and ground straps on the antenna make sure they're clean and tight. All that fails, contact LarryM here on the board maybe he can help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts