GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, Happy New Year to y'all... Been away from the forum for awhile, like the new format :) Santa re-niged on one item on my wish list so I'll have to 'serve myownself'... GPS with a voice, all agreed the Garmin is the way to go :?: Is there only one model with an aural aid :?: Anyone got a quick, slick way to get it into your headset :?: All advice gratefully recieved :lol: JimW.

·
Registered
405 Posts
SP III or 2610 will talk to you and you can pipe into the intercom. Kennedy Tech can take care of the talking to you in the headset. 2610 has lots of newer technology. Support items are becoming available for it to make it motorcycle friendly. i have enjoyed mine for 4 months and don't yet have any of those support items. They will just make it a pleasure to have the most current technology.

·
Registered
296 Posts
2610 Mount

As I noted in another post on this board, I rec'd a MobileCX RAM mount for the 2610 today. Am very pleased with it. Allows me to carry the 2610 identically to how I did the SP III. Now I just have to get the power/voice issue taken care of, and I will be more than ready for Spring!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Re: 2610 Mount

RetAF said:
As I noted in another post on this board, I rec'd a MobileCX RAM mount for the 2610 today. Am very pleased with it. Allows me to carry the 2610 identically to how I did the SP III. Now I just have to get the power/voice issue taken care of, and I will be more than ready for Spring!
Sorry, but many of us are not members of MSN and cannot see your pictures. I keep getting really annoying pop-up boxes saying:
"Welcome to MSN Communities! Please sign-in with your Passport account."

You need to find another place for your pictures so all of us can see them.

P.S. Your avatar is a red X for me also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pictures

Sorry about the picture goof-up. The same pics are also on the BBR picture site, go there and search under my name -- RetAF, and you'll find them.

RM :oops:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
For you talking GPS guys,

Have a look at what Mic-Mutes will do to improve and compliment your GPS interface.

It allows you to turn up your intercom volume to hear only the GPS with all of the wind and road background noises removed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, looks like the Garmin 2610 is at the top of the list.. along with a Mobile CX RAM mount...does that have a sun shield? do I need one? Anyone know their address? Together with the help of Mic-Mutes, I should have no excuse for being days :D late for dinner again. JimW.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, spoke too soon :oops: found the Ram mount on the Garmin site, no shade, maybe its not needed? Does the Mic-Mutes interface just plug into the 2610? JimW

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Jim,

No, you would still need a seperate interface, Mic-Mutes does not connect directly to the GPS.

Take a look at the block diagram on or web site under the tab "Cellphone/GPS/Radar".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bill, went there, site under construction, so I'll go back later when I have all my stuff together. Guess there is no output on the Garmin for a "plug & play" type interface... JimW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts