GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived in your fair city this morning and since about 1530-1600 hours it has been raining. Who ordered this crap?;)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Arrived in your fair city this morning and since about 1530-1600 hours it has been raining. Who ordered this crap?;)
Everyday...it cools the heat down though. You can ride until about 14:00 then the rains arrive.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Welcome to Florida. Where do you think all this HUMIDITY comes from? Stick around till next weekend when the tropical storm hits, then it will really rain.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am down here in in Dunedin for the weekend + and I haven't seen rain like yesterday in years. On most every road the right lanes were under water. I have to go this morning and check the vette as the oil sending unit quit working and I think it got drowned out. That was Hurricane rain. We don't get near that much rain in The Villages at once. It rained for two hours so hard I couldn't hardly see in frontof me.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Rain - W O W !!!!

That was Hurricane rain. We don't get near that much rain in The Villages at once. It rained for two hours so hard I couldn't hardly see in front of me.
Ga Bill, I heard on WVLG that Spanish Springs had 5 + inches and Lake Sumter Landing 3 + inches in that little bit of time. My wife and I were down for the week in Pennecamp....WOW it was raining so hard it appeared to raining back up.... and blowing in sheets.
All the retention ponds were at full or overflowing. I heard something about closing some of the golf courses on WVLG. We noticed several courses were running sprinklers trying to get some of the water off the courses and bring the levels of the retention ponds down... :eek:4:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Those are what we call "summer showers". :shock:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Those are what we call "summer showers". :shock:
Sorry Bucfan, but I have lived within 200 miles of here for 65 years and that wasn't a summer shower. I was in Tampa and it was floating lighter knots. The closest thing I have seen to that is Monsoons in Vietnam!

·
Registered
3 Posts
welcome rain

wish we could get some rain in north fla.grass needs it today.:bow:

·
Registered
747 Posts
You got your wish. Today, On my way to Georga, I got drenched in Jacksonville on 95. It came down buckets. No fun hydroplaning on two wheels.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Send some of that rain to South Central Florida....would U pleez !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts