GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the tank bag setup from electrical connection or seen one in action? I had tank bags on my previous two bikes...ST1100 and ST 1300 and miss them, as they were great for paper maps and to carry and charge cell phone etc. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this setup...
Here is the link...https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/honda-gl1800-f6b-tankbag/
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Tank bag

I have the original EC bag. I believe it is larger but attaches to the bike in the same way. I have had it at least ten years and I LOVE it.

Being an old school rider, I prefer the map pouch to GPS and gloves, glasses etc are close at hand. The bag itself is NOT waterproof at all but the rain cover works very well. About 3 years ago I called EC to buy a replacement cover.

If the new bag is near as good, I'd buy one if I needed it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EC tank bag..

I too am old school and much prefer paper maps to GPS especially when a group of us ride the crooked roads n Arkansas...GPS doesn't work down in the hollers. I have one question about the mounting, the pictures are not real clear how it mounts to the motorcycle...do you have to move or modify anything and is there enough handlebar clearance etc...thanks

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I too am old school and much prefer paper maps to GPS especially when a group of us ride the crooked roads n Arkansas...GPS doesn't work down in the hollers. I have one question about the mounting, the pictures are not real clear how it mounts to the motorcycle...do you have to move or modify anything and is there enough handlebar clearance etc...thanks
It doesn’t fit my 05 with Helibars. It’s old, faded and weathered, but if you wanted it, you can have it. Free, just have to come and get it. :)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
It doesn’t fit my 05 with Helibars. It’s old, faded and weathered, but if you wanted it, you can have it. Free, just have to come and get it. :)
That's a super nice offer, @GLblinded. I'd gladly take it, pay for shipping, and please let me buy a round in gratitude. If your offer isn't snapped up.

@fxolate, there's a little bracket that goes in between the ignition switch unit and the meter panel. You can see it on the EC site.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I can't believe the GPS doesn't work in an Arkansas holler...
I have been all over this country - in the mountains, and the valleys, and way out in the sticks..
The only time it stopped working on me was when I was in a tunnel under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I can't believe the GPS doesn't work in an Arkansas holler...
I have been all over this country - in the mountains, and the valleys, and way out in the sticks..
The only time it stopped working on me was when I was in a tunnel under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
It can be a little sketchy in the tunnel. I imagine it's downright useless in the tunnel under the tunnel. >:)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have one on my 2010 I cut out some foam and carry my 35mm DSLR camera in it, gives me more room in the trunk for other things and it's nice and handy to take pictures with, don't have to get off the bike and dig around in the trunk. I like it. If you turn to short you can bump switches on the handle bars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts