GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted the Tankslapper film kit for the gauge lens. This comes as a set with the blinkers and headlight. Blinkers and instrument gauge went on easy peasy. The headlights are a little more difficult. It has a small slit on the bottom. I continued this the entire length and it fits more easily

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wantd the Tankslapper film kit for the gauge lens. They sell as a set with the blinkers and headlight. Blinkers and instrument gauge went on easy peasy. The headlights are a little more difficult. It has a small slit on the bottom. I continued this the entire length and it fits more easily
He will break up the kit. He sold me the guage & headlight cover. Just put it in the notes when you order the entire kit and he will send you only those two pieces. Also order it in the suntek ultra, that will have to go in the notes to. Read up on Suntek Ultra, rather amazing stuff.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He will break up the kit. He sold me the guage & headlight cover. Just put it in the notes when you order the entire kit and he will send you only those two pieces. Also order it in the suntek ultra, that will have to go in the notes to. Read up on Suntek Ultra, rather amazing stuff.

I got the Suntek Ultra Gloss- looks good

Reactions: gug1953

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got the Suntek Ultra Gloss- looks good
Any tricks to installing a headlight cover? It sounds to me like you cut it in half? Can you see it on the dashboard? I haven't installed mine yet, the reason for the questions.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here are some photos. I used a spray bottle and 2 drops of Dawn per ounce as recommended. wet surface, inside and outside of film. I had a plastic credit card thingee from some window film I applied to a door left over. Reflection is LED Shop lights .Pictures below.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Looks nice. I used their film about a month ago. Turned out great. Pleasant people to work with.:smile2:

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Overcast in Texas today but film makes gauge shine more. No glare so far

·
Registered
789 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts