GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Facebook post from earlier today.

As I sit here in the chemo room contemplating what to write. I def wore the wrong shirt. As it shows every tear drop.

This is not the news we wanted to hear. But Terry’s scans are worse. And Monday he took a turn for the worse. Leaving him almost completely immobile. He’s barely eating. And barely drinking. And is now in a total sleep mode about 99% of the time.

They are going to get him some strong liquid pain meds today. And a dilaudid pump for home.

I’m waiting for hospice to come in to talk to me. Dr suggested to put him in the hospice house. But I want to keep him at home, with me and his two ??. So they will work to help set that all up.

Dr is guessing he is down to days, possibly weeks. My ? is torn out of me. He’s my life. My rock. My world.

Please ?? as we go thru this last journey, that they can keep him as painfree as he can be. And help guide me in this new way of life.

We love you all so much. And have appreciated all the prayers and support over these past two years of this fight. He put up a good fight. But in the end, this **** cancer has won. ?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
We are weeping with you. So sorry to hear the news. Our prayers are going up for peace and comfort for you both in this final leg of his journey. May grace and wisdom lead you...

Perpetual prayers...

Steve’n’Mel

?

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
Cancer sucks !!! Sorry to hear ! Tell him unclejohns got him in his prayers !

·
Administrator
3,715 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you.

Glen

·
Registered
237 Posts
May the Lord provide peace and relief for Terry. May you/family have comfort and understanding . May the team of Drs bring pain under control .
The hospice folks who have helped two of my family members are outstanding in the care and compassion they provide.
Thoughts and prayers for you both.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
So sorry to see this!!:frown2:

I will really miss seeing him at the Arkansas riding events. He was such a nice friendly presence. Always looked forward to seeing and visiting with him.:frown2:

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
My Facebook post from earlier today.
I'm so sorry !!! Your post brought me tears and made me think of my parents who both died of cancer. My mom ended up in a hospice center, and it no doubt the best place for her. Thank you for posting ... I needed to think back and remember ... your posted helped me :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. Keep in mind that when the body finally shuts down, the first to go is the nervous system. If we take memories from this cycle of life to the next, it won't be of pain. While losing someone is traumatic, for them, it's a release from pain and suffering. May his transition be a peaceful one and God be with you.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Prayers for peace and understanding from our Lord to you and the family.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Thoughts and prayers from Leslie and I to you both.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Met Terry at the Rogers ride-in a few months ago, and can see why he has such a large circle of friends. Thoughts and prayers offered up for Terry and his family.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts