GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use an iPad when accessing the forum , as well as, all other browsing. I use Safari and do not know what setting(s) to change to prevent (STOP!) videos and other advertising from automagically (it’s a word!) ‘popping up’ and playing and/or covering the lower right-hand corner of the browser window. For the love of God please help me make it stop! I just want to browse in peace.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you are referring to pop up ad videos, you can go to settings/safari and turn on block pop ups. You need to realize this will block all pop ups, including the ones where you click on a link that the webpage starts as a pop up.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
You need to download an ad blocker application. I did a teeny bit of research back when I wanted one and chose to use Crystal. Works perfect for me. I never felt motivated to try one of the other popular ones.

It will prevent you from accessing some news because companies have incorporated anti add blocking blockers. They don’t want you to access their stuff without the adds. I just move on and refuse to turn mine off for any reason.

They make web surfing actually enjoyable as it should be.

Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will try any and all. For example, right now there is an intrusive video promoting AutoGuide that is running right over the top of this message reply space. Really?! And while I’m ranting.....has our forum always had the insane amount of advertising that it has now and I’m just now noticing? Where have I been?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve been delivered! Just installed AdGuard. Enable numerous filters, as the app so easily allows. And.......presto! I’m back to enjoying the use of this forum and my general online experience. I have AdBlocker (the original on my pc and it works very well) but needed to do something for the iPad. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts