GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting tee shirts from Honda dealers thru out the US and other country's. These would be similar to the Harley shirts from different dealers.

I was recently in the Sacramento- San Francisco area and none were to be found. How's come the Harley dealers do this but not the Honda dealers? :(

I would think that they would sell them as a profit making item the same as parts or accessories. Some of the Harley shirts sell for $20-30.

How about it, any Honda dealers wanna jump on the band wagon?

Thanks and have a great holiday season.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I really wished there were Honda items
to purchase. You can find Harley everywhere,
and on everything. I don't know what to say,
except Harley has done that right. Maybe
Dealer's shirts could start the demand?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I find this odd too. If you ask people in Harley shirts "What kind of Harley do you have?" it's amazing how often the answer is "I don't really have one, but I want one." Ask a person in a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, whatever shirt what they ride, and they almost always have or had that bike.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The reason one sees so many Harley shirts is because it makes no difference what size, shape or type of Harley you have you are a Harley rider. Those of us who ride Goldwings prefer our shirts to have something with reference to a Honda GoldWing and not just Honda. Plus I would guess Harley bikes far out pace any other single type of other brand bike on the market. Just my observation.....

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Rumor has it that the Harley guys wear those shirts ( mostly black ) as they make great oil rags and you don't see the stain.... :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your are close bulldog! In the past Harley lubricated the chain drive via an oil drip tube. It was designed to oil the chane while traveling. But one negative side effect is that the oil would also sling up off of the rear sprocket & onto your shirt. You stain a lot of shirts that will not was out.
So, thats the reason for the biker first stated wearing black shirts.
A side benifit is that you look realy TOUGH to!

DangerousDan :yw1:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I too have looked for Honda "stuff" whenever I travel and have finally given ou. I now just bring back HD shirts and things for the Kids and grandkids because there isn't Honda stuff out there. You're right, I think they are missing out on some big $$$. But we'll have to just wait and see if they ever get it. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
ouch , that will leave a mark... won't show though. :)

Bulldog said:
Rumor has it that the Harley guys wear those shirts ( mostly black ) as they make great oil rags and you don't see the stain.... :lol:

·
Registered
615 Posts
In my travels , I have found it difficult to find stuff, but usually luck out with a cap or shirt. I ask at every dealer(so they get the idea). Keep asking , it might help.
Joy , Harley stuff, are you corrupting the minds of minors out there?
They are getting there, though I would like more Goldwing stuff. Your best bet is at a Rally . Good Luck Joy[/img]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Shirts

Crazy,
I just happen to be wearing one right now. Here is a shot of what Westside Honda, Evansville, IN carries. They have a couple different colors and designs. And I believe they have the long sleeve T's in stock now. I am going over there Friday fo my 80,000 mile service so I can get on the road to the Dallas MTF Lunch on Jan 2. I can check for you if you would like.

Jerry
You can contact westside at 800-280-7799. You can order some shirts from their parts department.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I think KennyJB has it right on two counts. I know I don't feel any more particular kinship with someone on a Honda trail bike or crotch rocket than I do with the rider of any other brand of bike. If anything, it's probably less than I feel toward another big bike rider. The fact of the matter is that I seldom identify my bike as a "Honda" but rather refer to it as a "Goldwing" to differentiate it from the rest of the Honda line. With Harley Davidson the riders seem to see little difference between the Ultra Glide Classic and the Sportster.

Last I heard or read, HD had something over 60% of the big bike market in the US. That leaves something over a third to be divided up among all the other manufacturers, Honda included. So small a percentage as what honda must have for the Goldwing probably doesn't justify a big inventory of clothing, etc. Next time you're at your Honda dealer, ask what percentage of his total sales are Goldwing sales. I'd guess the answer will be in the single digits.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Honda Items

Window decals....the Wing Eagle logo. I've love one on the back window of my car/truck!

But ...nooooooooo

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Jerry, I'll be calling them tommorrow to get my shirt.

The rest of you guy's check with your dealers and let me know if they have dealer specific shirts and I'll get one asap.

Thank you all for your responses, I really like the wide variety of opinions.

Ho Ho Ho :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
hEY Crazy, Andrettie's motorsports has their own. Yes that is the younger Michael Andretti # 610-926-2198 and a website, though not sure how up to date it is. http://www.andrettipowersports.com/ good luck Joy

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Joy,

Hope you are planning a trip up to my house first week of June. Lewis Should be here as well. putting stuff on folks bike that he can't do at Americade.

Meesh and I would Love to meet you. We always have day old coffee and stale pastries to share.

Bulldog

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bob,

I don't know if Joe at Shirtznthings does decals, but I do know that he provides awesome service and products.

More than once, I have counted on Joe, to do the impossible, with no time to do it. Joe has always met my demands and exceeded my expectations.

Joe has done a lot of custom shirts for me. In fact the shirts in my avatar to the left are Joe's shirts with the HONDADIRECTLINE logo on them. And I never paid Hal one shilling for the trademark infringement.

I guess all that I am saying is that Shirtznthingz are really nice people to deal with, and they deliver. However I also understand that some folks are looking for standard dealership shirts.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Shirts

Crazy.... Westside Honda also has some black "Wing Rider" shirts. I have one here somewhere. Nice shirt but doesn't have the Westside name on it.
Jerry

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Bulldog, I assume you mean "Shirtznthings" rather than what you typed. Good blooper, though. Al Lamb's Honda has T-shirts and short-sleeve cotton shirts in both black and white for sale. Also known as Al Lamb's Dallas Honda on I-635 near Abrams.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts