GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the Temp Probe is on a 2007 Went by a bank and it said 31 and the bike said 36

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If you were not going too fast the engine heat affected the reading. If you were going over 15 or 20 mph, the bank lied to you, just like they lied about their balance sheet, about their cash position and the quality of their loans.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Like Jeffrey said, depends on weather you were picking up engine heat. Usually the outdoor sign temps are innacurate due to the sensors being in the sun, calibration, etc. I'd trust the bike thermometer more, as long as you are moving.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
The sensor is located in the intake vents going into the front faring, according to the service manual.. I have looked there and have not seen anything looking like a sensor but not telling what they use for one.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Are you sure the bank display is accurate?

I've seen my temp display vary several degrees [+/- 3 usually] as compared to land based displays on the same street. I figured they all had errors and that my accuracy was about as good as theirs. ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The sensor is located in the intake vents going into the front faring, according to the service manual.. I have looked there and have not seen anything looking like a sensor but not telling what they use for one.

Located in the right front fairing - Hard to find because it is inside a hole in the top of the intake vent. If this sensor goes bad your neither seat heater won’t work nor will the temperature display.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Temp Sensor

Just ran out to the parking lot to look.
Easy to locate. About 3" back from the front edge of the small intake vent, right side of my '08.
It wiggles a bit, but outside temp seems to work.

In answer to another post here, I have ridden in 43 degree weather at 0500. It's all fine and well, until I slow for traffic or stop completely. Less than 5 minutes later, it shows a temp of around 93 degrees. (Less air flow)

My seat heaters barely get warm cranked up to MAX. I found out that they're regulated by outside air temp. I'm taking it from the presious post, that this is the temp sensor that does that.

Now, what's the problem? Seats check out ok, but don't get warm. Temp sensor works because my display shows me that it does.

Maybe it needs cleaning? How does it come out, anyone know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts