GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Know where the temp probe is on a 2007 I went by a bank the sign said 31 the bike said 36

·
Registered
243 Posts
:agree:The maintenance on the old temp/time display is not the #1 concern for most Bank's these days.:popcorn: Or #two or #three !!! :eek:4:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
I agree the Goldwing temp. gauge would be the more accurate one. Most Bank billborad stlye temp. gauges all over the country don't seem to read correctly. You'd think with 700 billion from the boys in DC they would at least tell us the truth about how cold it is!

When I ride I have only "temperatures ranges" I go by:

19 -39* at 50mph = Brrrrrrrrrrrr, freezin' my B --T off :22yikes:

40-76* at 50mph = Comfortable and Feelin' Great ;)

77 -87* at 50mph = Whew! gettin' Reeeeal Warm :eek:
88* & Up at 50mph = OUCH! Hot enough to Pop Corn. :popcorn:

·
Registered
264 Posts
It is in the right air intake, if you shine a light in there you will see it. PS they stop working at around 17, so don't worry when it gets that cold

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
:doorag::doorag:
Anyone Know where the temp probe is on a 2007 I went by a bank the sign said 31 the bike said 36
I have learned that the temp can be effected by the engine temperature.

I never read the ambient temp if the bike is warm and has been standing still for any amount of time. I read the temp only after I have been rolling at least five to ten minutes to insure the engine temp will not effect the ambient temp reading.

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Temp reading wrong...

All I know is yesterday it was about 53º on the news and at the gas station when I checked the temp, my trike showed 72º...

What's up with that?

Always shows hotter than outside temp... I think my sensor must be near the engine.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
If you were sitting or in the Dallas traffic you were reading the road, and traffic temp. Mine is usually pretty close once I am moving, but like Wilson said you have to go a block or to to start getting good readings. I have started mine for the first time in the morning, and the thermometer in the garage say 38, and the bike say 45. It is only good while air is moving across it. :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts