GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clarksville to Knoxville.... Hwy 52 or 70 or________for scenic route? Headed that way the week before the fourth, and can't make up my mind... Good BBQ along the way might be a deal maker....???

Anybody have some good insight?:doorag:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I'm waitin',... :popcorn:

I like a good road AND a good BBQ place and will be in the area for a few days AFTER July 4th.
I've been known to drive for miles for BBQ.
thecruiser

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Revrunt you going to be at Wing Ding? If so look for us and BTW wife's hair is very white so she's easy to find. I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,702 Posts
Hey, Bro!

Here's a route I would recommend, especially from Livingston on in to Knoxville. You'll love TN 85 and TN 116 (Devil's Triangle). Have fun.

Don't know too much about eating places....I'm usually just riding when I'm on these roads. However, you might want to post this on the Tennessee sub-board or send a PM to wimpyhonda or boxmaker.....they know every good eating place in the state!

Explore safely.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I picked up my new GL in Franklin TN yesterday and rode 52 from Orlinda to US27 as part of my ride home. 52 is not much fun from Portland to Red Boiling Springs. (It's been "improved" a bit too much.) But it's great after that.

I highly recommend 52. The route that robeth posted would be great except for that last bit down I75. I prefer US441 at that point, but you're close enough to town that it probably doesn't make much difference.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Revrunt you going to be at Wing Ding? If so look for us and BTW wife's hair is very white so she's easy to find. I'll keep my eyes open.
No plans to do the Wing-Ding-Thing..................

Have friends that live in Knoxville, so we are stopping through and visiting them and then headed on to Nova Scotia. We will be leaving Grand Island on the evening of the 28th of June. We should be in and out of Knoxville by the first or second.

When are you headed out?

Great to hear from you!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
We aren't heading out till the 4th and will start back on Saturday morning not sure if we are riding with anybody or not will find out Tuesday evening. Keep your eyes open for Kanwaka (Al) they are heading up to Maine not sure of the dates though.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like a unanimous Hwy. 52. Got it loaded in the GPS last night. Trailer is already packed with just about everything. Leaving in a week WooHHOOOOO! Thanks everybody for the input.

Don, do you have any idea when is Al going to be in Maine? It would be interesting to meet up...

You and the missus have a great time at WD!:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts