GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When: March 27, 2004
Where: Fall Creek Falls State Park, near Pikeville, Tn.
Time, meet at 12 locally.
Eat lunch and enjoy some local roads. Wingosilver has offered to lead a short ride to enjoy the local scenery. There is also an Inn at the park in case anyone wants to spend the night.
Information about the park as well as directions can be found here: http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/parks/FallCreekFalls/

I'm leaving from Hendersonville around 8:00 locally. Should be a few others heading out with me. Hope a bunch of you can find the time to hook up for a friendly purely social gathering to just say hello to some board(ored) buddies!

I need a head count so we can warn the restaurant how many of us are coming.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Count Ed and I in, Chef. You know it's rare we miss the opportunity for good food, friends, and a ride. See you soon!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hey Annette, are you and Ed staying over someplace there.?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It looks like that I will be able to make it. I will probably meet up with you Chef in NC at 8am. Oh my that means leave here by 4am. :D I was wondering about this lunch run this past weekend. I am glad to hear that it is still on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You can count me and my wife in, we will be at your shop before 8am on saturday, will probably make a 2 day ride out of it, dont know where we will stay that night, is the Inn at the park a nice place? I'll try to stop in before too long.................KC

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The INN at the park looks nice and sounds nice from their web site. I haven't been to the park, but wingosilver has. Mebbe he can give a thumbs up/down?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hey Lewis, I recieved my order late last night. But you could make this a vendor install trip. :D I thought about swinging by, but didnt know how close you were and all that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fall Creek Falls

I will be there. If anyone wants to ride up with me from Pikeville (Hwy 30 or Hwy 127) let me know. Fall Creek Falls Inn is really nice. It is a resort state park so pretty much everything out there is first class. The Inn is right on a large lake and there are also cabins for rent with the back porch actually in the lake (but above the water line!). You can just drop a line right over the railing if you want to fish. I am planning on about a 1 hour ride around the park after we eat for those who want to do a little sightseeing. There is a 256 ft waterfall that's pretty cool and some other sights that are beautiful as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there. The number to the Inn is 423-881-5241 for those who want to make reservations.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I was heading to Florida anyhow later this month. Perhaps I will leave in time to make lunch. Count me as a probable maybe as deep snow between here (Dayton) and there will scare me off. I hope the Inn has a room left.

·
Registered
336 Posts
TN Lunch

If I am back from the Texas Gathering I plan on making the day run down to Tennessee.
Jerry

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just getting the post back to the front page to make sure it gets seen by all interested.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Chef, what are the numbers looking like now? Just curious about how many board members we'll get to meet :D .

Also, what do you guys and gals think about me taking some name tags so we can put the names with the faces? Just a thought. Can't wait to see you all there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the name tags would be a good idea. We need to put both acutal name and username so we can match up everybody on the board.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Raven, we're looking at between 20 & 40 bikes so far. Should be a terrific time. Anyone wants to bring along a guest feel free.....

As far as name tags....

That would be terrific. Women think of all the good details, guys just think of food!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts