GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned home from a day ride and received several messages concerning Our Friend Jerry Lusby, aka "Black Pirate".

It seems that Jerry was in an horrific accident with his trike today.

Details are very sketchy at this point and I will yield to someone in the know, to fill us in.

Information that I have, and this has not been confirmed is that Jerry did not survive. Info I have, is that he passed while being Med Evaced from the scene.

We are trying to get in touch with Cheryl, if we can, to see what her needs are.

Our Hearts, Thoughts and Prayers go out to Jerry, His family and all those whom he has touched in his short time on earth.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Sad news, indeed! Thoughts and prayers to all!

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
such terrible news !

he sure did enjoy motorcycleing and will be greatly missed

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We just got through to Jerry's wife Cheryl and confirmed the tragedy.

Cheryl has her family with her, and is receiving great support from them.

I told Cheryl, that when she has details of the funeral etc. that we would pass them on through this board.

It would appear at this time, that Jerry's heart gave out, on the way to the hospital.

Both Meesh and I are totally broken up for the Family, and we are selfish in our loss of a good friend.

God's Speed Jerry!

Bulldog

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Thank you, Dawg, and I'm sorry that you had to pass on this terrible news. Our hearts and prayers will be with Jerry and his loved ones.

Becky & Rich

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Trajedy

Prayers sent for the family....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Too sad

Prayers for the family. A sad day indeed. My he rest well..........

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Riding with the Angels. Prayers for Jerry and his family sent.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
At least he went out doing something he loved and Not some long drawn out , painful Death, Like cancer.
Not trying to sound cold. Just tryin to look at the brite side for him anyways.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
Thank you for passing this on - it is indeed horrific/tragic news. He will be sadly missed - prayers to all family and friends.

Loren/Laura

ps - there will be umbrellas available next weekend in his honor.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I will miss him very much ...

godspeed my friend

Dennis

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Oh my God! This is horrible news. Prayers for everyone.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Aside from this forum, I only met him briefly at Rockies Gold last year. He was so full of life, it is hard to accept this sad news. My heart goes out to all his family and friends.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I just recieved this phone call from Sassy. This is terrible news and my heart is heavy right now.

Good Speed Jerry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very Sad

I also had the opportunity of meeting and getting to know Jerry last year in Montrose Colorado and enjoyed hearing some of his tales. He was a very kind and genuine person and will be deeply missed by his family and all of us here on the board that were lucky enough to know him. Prayers and best wishes sent for him and his family.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I am so sorry to hear any news like this. :-(

Please, everybody, be careful out there.

All my prayers to Cheryl and her family.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts