GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Rocky has helped more than a few people on this board, but after being banned several times I guess the mods just decided enough was enough, and it was a 'banned for life'. I'm sure Rocky is crying in a corner over being banned.:joke:

To the OP, I don't know why your changes took so long.:joke: I was at Rocky's house and watched and learned a lot as he did the same work to my bike, minus the rear shock(because I have a 2012), and I was riding down the road for a late lunch. I never would have thought of digging that far into my bike without having Rocky and/or Fred on speed dial.

This was by far the best change I've ever made to my bike, and it truly does feel more planted, low and high speed handling is greatly improved. I was riding a well-known road much faster, and with more confidence on the way home. Others riding behind me said it was the fastest they had seen me ride it, but I didn't even realize I was riding any faster. It's a huge difference over stock, and very reasonably priced, even when you factor in labor costs.

There are other mods you can do, some cheaper, and others much more expensive. I don't know how the more expensive options compare, but I have absolutely ZERO regrets with the changes I've made.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I do hope you saw that my question about taking so long was a joke. You were a braver man than I. You did have some top notch wrenches to assist you.:thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts