GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going in a couple of hours, to test ride/drive the Stallion again. Already talked to the dealer, & they said come on down. I'll plan to post some pictures tonight, & give you my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
19,050 Posts
Good luck. It was not for me. Price was 32K, it was rough over the bumps. On a positive note power was good and brakes were great, turning radious was awsome. Not my cup of tea

32K will buy you a clasic convertible car

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Saw one go by me on a road a few miles north of here. The thing was getting so much attention it was nearly a road hazard.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
It do draw attention on the Hi-Way. I couldn't get use to the brake on the left. I learned the old way to use one foot unless in a standard.....:doorag:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I rode one at Wing Ding in Billings, MT in 07 and it was different, the hardest part was getting in and out of it.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I, too, rode one in Billings. The thing that really struck me was how hard it was to turn at speed. It took a lot of steering wheel pressure to turn it. My wife loved driving it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did the same thing at 07 ding and agree with you on getting in an out.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Good luck. It was not for me. Price was 32K, it was rough over the bumps. On a positive note power was good and brakes were great, turning radious was awsome. Not my cup of tea

32K will buy you a clasic convertible car
32k is about mid range for a new GL1800 based trike.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Am I the only person on this board who has no clue what a Stallion is?:shrug:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
The first year they showed them I sat in one at Wing Ding and it was just to hard to get in and out for me but that being said I would think they would make a nice toy!

Enjoy your test ride:yes1:

·
Registered
63 Posts
By the looks of their rally schedule, they are definitely tageting goldwing owners. Of course with the move of production to Japan, they may not be a bad option.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I took one for a spin in Daytona last year. It was fun, but only as a toy. For the money I'd much rather have a Mustang convertable. I can't see that there will be much of a market for this vehicle. Too bad, as they have obviously put a great deal of development into this concept.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
You can call them a "trike" if you want, but they are a three-wheeled, open-air car, pure and simple. They have a Ford engine, a steering wheel, an automatic floor mounted transmission, etc. Here you go.:popcorn:

http://www.thoroughbred-motorsports.com/tmTechnicalData.aspx
Thank you. I shall call the Stallion a trike. It meets the legal description in most states.

What I don't understand is why some criticize a vehicle when it appears that they know so little about itl At present, we can still buy and enjoy whatever vehicle we like in the United States though this will not be the case for much longer what with the federal government dictating what manufacturers can build. If you don't like the Stallion, that's fine.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I'm not trying to criticize the object, I'm saying what I think it is...what do you call this?
http://aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/flyingcarsolent.jpg
Is that a trike, car, plane or helicoptor?

Or this?
http://www.terrafugia.com/
The first link is to an artist's conception. The second looks like what it is called a "transition" vehicle.

There are several roadworthy trike designs available right now. They aren't for everyone. There's no rule that I am aware of that forbids a trike from being steered with a wheel. I don't know of a rule requiring a foot operated shifter mechanism or outlawing an automatic transmission either.
The operative rule that I am aware of is that it passes the duck test. The Stallion does...

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks like neither fish nor foul to me.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks like neither fish nor foul to me.
Hmmm.... As opposed to what? It's a legitimate trike and it's priced competitively. The styling is somewhat controversial but that's true about lots of other toys. I still want to ride one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts