GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I like it. The install was a piece of cake and the test ride was fairly short and really uneventful. Everything all you senior Darksiders said was right on the money. How do I get a number?

hoverlover

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Welcome....You're gonna forget it's back there.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:wrong:

Paul I have to cordially disagree with ya on the "forgettin' it's back there."

I'll clarify with, yep you'll love it, the ride is way, way more comfortable for front/back seat both and the overall performance will depend on your particular style of ridin' but happiness will be felt from yer butt all the way to your smilin' mug. ;):lol:

I did the Experienced Rider Course with the CT and WOW'd them big time so when you go that slow you feel some difference but I never forget about it. :bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
331 Posts
And I like it. The install was a piece of cake and the test ride was fairly short and really uneventful. Everything all you senior Darksiders said was right on the money. How do I get a number?

hoverlover
:congrats:Welcome to the Dark Side now go and enjoy that bike it's a whole new world :thumbup:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
:joke: Welcome aboard! You may want to do a little experimenting with your tire pressures as you progress if you have not already done so. For myself, there seems to be quite a bit of difference in feel with as little as 2 psi up or down in pressure. I started with 30 psi in mine and thought that it was just perfect until I started playing around with it and found that 32 psi is a much better feel.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
:joke: Welcome aboard! You may want to do a little experimenting with your tire pressures as you progress if you have not already done so. For myself, there seems to be quite a bit of difference in feel with as little as 2 psi up or down in pressure. I started with 30 psi in mine and thought that it was just perfect until I started playing around with it and found that 32 psi is a much better feel.
...as I mentioned in my post a couple days ago I just put my Kumho on and I've gone to 32 and it is great. 30 was fine, 32 better. Think I will stay there for a while.

3rd day of riding today and it is amazing to me how quickly I acclimated to this tire, and how much I like the ride. I had 3-4 guys surrounding my bike and lunch and one of them is a hard-core Valk rider and he's going to the internet to find info on Valks (gave him some of the links from here).

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
just like towing a trailer!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Enjoy the Kumho....

I am....... Welcome ! !

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome and enjoy :doorag:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
hoverlover,
One day real soon you are going to think to yourself........self why did I wait so long to do this :lol: ! hahahahhaha
Welcome to the enlightened "Darkside".....it only gets better for here on out :yes1: !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Education

Ok folks, can I get educated about the dark side and this Kumho tire. I put 27K on my wing in one year. I am still looking for improvements and performance. Please advise.

·
Registered
973 Posts
jc0808, just jump in and start reading. Most, if not all, of your questions have been answered already. So far no particular tire has come out as the "best" but several have become popular, the Kumho is one of those. Do a search for Kumho and you'll have plenty of reading material. The answers should be there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts