GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our tire tester who is running the new Avon tires on his GL1800 just stopped by the office to say hello. Here is his update:

Tires were installed on Saturday November 15. So far, he has ridden 2,000 miles and says that they are the quietest he has ever had on his GL1800. Handling was excellent and he felt a lot more comforable when making a slow 360 turn.

·
Registered
466 Posts
More good news

Hal,

At the cycle show in Dallas this weekend, I got a chance to talk to an Avon Rep. He was showing an email from a rider with over 6,000 miles on his first set. Apparently this guy has been riding very hard as he talked about some sweepers in Nevada he took at 100 mph as well as "hands-off" performance at 125 mph. The overall review from this rider was excellent. He specifically noted that the various wobble scenarios encountered with the other tire manufacturers was nonexistent with the Avons. Sounds like Avon may really get these right the first time.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
How do they do in the rain??

Hal,

Has he had much time to get them out in the rain yet? Us Northwesterners need a tire with good grip in the wet.

TIA

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
anyone want to hazzard a guess as to the price on a set of Vipers :?:

or

are they going to wait till testing is done before announcing a price

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avon tires on a Valk IS

These were the best tires I had ever put on my Valk IS. The control was great and the grip was fantastic in the rain. Will put on a set on the Wing as soon as Hal gets some in stock. Got 24K on the last set on the Valk.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Jon - Just looked at the weather forcast for Washington -
Better ask Hal for Avons with studs or get tire chains....
Or a sunlamp with a long cord.....
Looks like Quickdraw will be right at home for awhile....

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
It's been very strange weather, Harry.

Last night it hailed so hard it covered the road like snow, almost an inch deep, so I figured there's no way I'm riding the bike with the chance of this happening again.

Today it's partly cloudy and sunny - go figure...

Haven't heard from Quickdraw for a while. I know he was trying to get his new shop finished before the Children's Ride, but I'm not sure if he made it or not.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts