GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Make sure there aren't any corners that could foul a shroud line on deployment if you're going to jump solo. If you're doing a dual, the driver should be able to compensate for your arm movements or he may say he's not comfortable with your gizmo. IMO pop for the extra cameraman to professionally film your adventure. I bought my daughter a jump for her birthday (no jokes please) and she still showing off the video ten years later.

I also think you should get in touch with the Idaho Potato Growers to show them that you can also use a potato as a wind sock!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Next time smile for the camera!:lol::lol::lol:
Have a safe jump!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahaha! Yea... my OEM wind sock disintegrated and I carved this one up in a pinch until I get a nicer looking one. I must say though, as ugly as it is, it works great!

Jump instructor didn't have a problem with my camera, and I did pay him to video as well. So, I'm editing a multi camera shoot of my jump right now. I'll post when I finish it. I want to jump and free fall EVERY DAY!

8)

·
Registered
609 Posts
:congrats: I had a slight twinge of jealousy after reading your post. But then I remembered my age :-( when I quit (30years ago) I had 1204 jumps, 1199 which were free fall....back in the 60's it was a lot different, we had no idea it was dangerous :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
millisec, I't's probably less dangerous than riding our Goldwings! I just turned 50 and I can't wait to solo jump and free fall. I say go do another jump... it will add years to your life!

:cool:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Would be interesting to see your wrist setup.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have pictures of my wrist setup (yet) but I used a GoPro camera and the little tripod mount that it comes with. I then took one of the wrist guards I use for inline skating that I had, and modified it by drilling a hole in the top plastic piece on top of the wrist. I found a flat nut with the same thread as the tripod mount and attached it to the wrist guard with a lock washer. The jump instructor was quite impressed with the mount... it worked great!

Here's a pic of what the wrist guards kind of looks like. I pulled the palm side plastic piece out and just left the top one in to mount the camera to:

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts