GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL STEVE, The gathering is next weekend I believe. How does it look? So far the weather forecast looks good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Barney,
I'm riding to Marble Falls from Northern Arkansas to the gathering. I've heard nothing but great weather forecasts for the weekend. The only problem is I am somewhat of a rainmaker. Whenever I take a cross country trip I have a bad habit of bringing rain. I took a trip to Maine a couple of years ago and we got wet every day. I gave up and rode home from Nebraska after riding in the rain for six days. I have thought of hiring out as a rainmaker to ride into farm lands where there is a drought. I'm hoping I have lost my power.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Curt, you bring that rain down here and I will sic my wife on you. Believe me, that is the last thing you want. See you there!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Curt,

Please be advised that here in Texas "HE NEEDED KILLIN'" is a valid defense to a murder charge. Think twice about the rain there pard. :D

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Curt, I'll cancel out your rainmaking ability. Last year, rode over six thousand miles to WingDing and then on to Nova Scotia and back to Mesquite without a drop of rain the whole way. It did rain one night in Nova Scotia, but never when I was on the bike.

Bob

·
Vendor
22,240 Posts
I can also help out. Diane and I rode 6,500 miles last spring for 17 days and hit 5 minutes of rain total (which was a welcome cooling shower in 95 degree heat) . Bob, I think between the two of us, we should be able to cancel out any bad luck any one brings with them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Rain

Mesquite Bob, you left out the trip to New Mexico last year.....LOL

·
Registered
336 Posts
well Curt

Curt..You done it again. I'm leaving in the morning for the Gathering and cold rain is predicted. Of course, around here that don't mean too much. Not with the local "weather gueeser" current record.

Lookin' forward to seeing riders from your Arkansas meeting and also seeing new riders.

:rain1: :yes:

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I lucked into geting a cancelled room for my son and his wife at the Hampton Inn for Sat. night, so they will each ride their own bikes in early Sat. morning from Burleson Texas. I believe we are going to have a good one.
Barney

1 - 9 of 9 Posts