GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys & gals. I'm gonna be out and around Texas & New Mexico for couple of weeks and I've got my appetite set for some real Texas BBQ. How bout listing all your best BBQ Restaurants for me so I can sample some. I'll take other suggestions as well but really want some smack your lips BBQ. :yes1:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Try Coopers in Llano,Texas and Lums in Junction,Texas. There are other Coopers BBq places that are the same company but not near as good as the Llano,Tx location. Also in Lockhart,Texas there are 3 there that are well worth the ride,Blacks BBQ and Smiths and I cant remember the other but its in a new building on the west side of town by the New bridge that crosses the RR tracks,cant miss it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big State

We're headed to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque but we have almost 3 weeks to explore so just give me suggestions and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
There are places better than Cooper's. Try the BBQ at the City Market in Luling or Mueller's in Taylor. If you go to Lockhart, there are three legendary BBQ joints there, Black's, Kreuz Market and Smitty's.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Go to Diners, Drive inns and dives. Guy will give you the best places for bar b ques

·
Registered
126 Posts
Austin: Iron Works BBQ

Southeast TX: Grand Prize BBQ in Texas City (just north of Galveston):thumbup:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Just returned from a quick trip to Texas for BBQ....well, maybe to see the girl child get married as well. That's why MsBubba thought I was there but truth be known it was for a BBQ run. Lockhart and Luling are the heart of Texas BBQ, depending on how you rate 'em three or four of the best joints in Texas are in those two towns. My favorite is City Market in Luling because of its consistency, the others are up and down, Luling is always the same. BTW, two slices of brisket, two ribs and two links with beans, white bread, and a Big Red...if there were a heaven it is about as close as you can get.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
There are places better than Cooper's. Try the BBQ at the City Market in Luling or Mueller's in Taylor. If you go to Lockhart, there are three legendary BBQ joints there, Black's, Kreuz Market and Smitty's.

BINGO!!!! Lots of places better than Coopers!!! You will get all the regular suggestions here and I will throw in one small, not so famous place that is very very good!!

Hardins BBQ--344 mile marker, I-20, Eastland Texas!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
We're headed to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque but we have almost 3 weeks to explore so just give me suggestions and we'll see what happens.
Balloon Fiesta . . . A great thing to see!!

I hope you catch a ride on one.

Coopers is overrated . . . my opinion. But, it stays on the must do list.

There is some pretty good Tex-Mex and German food down here.

OST resturant in Bandera on Saturday/Sunday morning. Good breakfast and lots of bikes.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
We love Rudy's; they're all over TX and in Albuquerque also. We've eaten at their stores in Amarillo, El Paso, Waco, and San Antonio. Great food. We always bring a few bottles of their BBQ sauce back to Tucson.

http://www.rudys.com/

·
Registered
686 Posts
We love Rudy's; they're all over TX and in Albuquerque also. We've eaten at their stores in El Paso, Waco, and San Antonio. Great food. We always bring a few bottles of their BBQ sauce back to Tucson.

http://www.rudys.com/
+1. Just ate at the newer one in New Braunfels Thursday. Love their creamed corn, too.

·
Banned
291 Posts
If in North Texas, close to DFW, try Clark's BBQ in Tioga, Gene Autry's birthplace. It is in the middle of horse country and there are lots of beautiful horse ranches in the area also. We live 60 miles away and make the trek often to sample their great brisket.

Regards
Doug

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lockhart Tx.................

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
MY TOP 10

1-City Market BBQ-Luling
2-Hard Eight-Stephenville
3-Church of the Holy Smoke-Huntsville(yes it is a church)
4-Coopers-Llano(overrated but good.)
5-Davids BBQ-Arlington TX
6-Railhead-FtWorth(the original)
7-Swingin Door BBQ-Richmond TX
8-Luling BBQ-Houston
9-BQ-Smithville
10-Angelos-FtWorth

1 - 20 of 38 Posts