GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paperwork is done and the rooms are blocked. Here's the info again on what's going on.

Dates are March 30 - April 1 2007.

Location will be the Y.O. Ranch Hotel in Kerrville, TX. Telephone number is 1-877-967-3767. Website to checkout the hotel is http://www.yoresort.com
Rate will be $89 a night, you must tell them it's for the "Texas Gathering." We will have reserved parking for up to 200 bikes along with Sue Hopper's paint booth and motor home if she makes it down.

Everyone coming bring a door prize, something relating to the wing or motorcycles. I'm thinking we'll draw names and let y'all swap items. Might be a great way to meet more people and make new friends. I'm open to suggestions in this area, feel free to speak out.

Mesquite Bob is our "official" meeter and greeter. He's also in charge of the complaint department! :lol:

Post a reply here after you've made your reservations that way I can keep a running count. We have 50 rooms blocked now and can get more as they run out. They can block the room till 28 Feb 2007, after that you're on your own.

Again, if I forget something let me know.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Reservations made for the 30th & 31st

Again thanks for setting this up and I realy look forward to it.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Arriving on the 29th and checking out the first. Now ... about this complaint thing. I don't "tolerate" complaints. Just deal with it. On the other hand, we're supposed to be southern gentlemen and treat others with respect and dignity. So, if you all have a complaint, send it my way and I'll deal with it.

Hope to see many of you next spring.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here is some help for you Bob.

Please use this form for your complaints, Be sure to write ledgably so Bob Can handle your complaint in a timely manner:

Complaint Form
use this space for your complaints:____. Thankyou for using this form. Your complaint will be handled with all speed possible

·
Registered
32 Posts
reservations

Brian I have booked a room for the 29th - 31st.

Hope to see you in Harrison next month.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Brian, as I live 40 miles from the Y.O. Ranch, I will commute to the gathering each day. Please post a schedule of events when firmed up. I realize the event is far off, so no hurry. I may not make all each day, but don't want to miss any if I can help it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
When you folks come from east Texas on IH10W to Kerrville and pass by the old town of Boerne, it is pronounced BURN-E...in case someone asks you....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hope that we will be residents of Kerrville by then. We are trying to sell our house here and move to the Texas Hill Country.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian, as I live 40 miles from the Y.O. Ranch, I will commute to the gathering each day. Please post a schedule of events when firmed up. I realize the event is far off, so no hurry. I may not make all each day, but don't want to miss any if I can help it. Thanks.
There isn't a schedule for the Gathering, there never has been. The only "event" is at 7 pm on Saturday night in the YO parking lot. That's when we'll draw names and exchange door prizes. Other than that it's kickin' tires, telling lies and just meeting new people. Usually there's groups taking out each morning around 8 or 9, so hooking up for a ride is no problem.

Brian

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Since as of today I can officially join AARP and can get the $79 per night room rate I made reservations for Thursday thru Sunday.

6 months away but sounds like a good time and something good to look forward to.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Andy, what you are reading about is the displaced Marble Falls event. It is being moved to Kerrville, as Steve Aylor won't be able to host it, and Brian Black made the decision to move it. Most of us who have been there all these years concur with his move. Hope to see you in Kerrville!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like Bob said, if Steve was still doing the leg work I'd be at Marble Falls. However, since he's out, I put a question to everyone on location and dates. I got several responses, on the board, pm and email, requesting a later date and different location. Most wanted a time that would permit more wild flowers. I did notice last year that more and more folks were riding towards Kerrville or past it to get to new roads. I know we did a 400 mile day to ride the 3 Sisters. From Kerrville that's cut in half. Now I'll do 300 miles to ride Lime Creek Road.....ohhhhh the pain! :D :D :D

All that being said, I believe change is a good thing. While I really enjoyed the years at Marble Falls, I'm really looking forward to this year.....it's something new! What I'd like to see is someone new setting this up every year. New ideas, new locations, new roads....this could be something great. :D

Oh yeah, what I really want to see is the look on Mom and Dad's faces when 60 bikes pull up in the drive just for a bathroom break! They live about 9 miles from the YO. That would be just tooooo funny.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Bob & Brian,
Thanks!!! I was thinking that was what happened, but I wanted to make sure. I hope I can make it, but it's too early to tell.
I had a great time last year, even though it seems like I brought the rain. I did the same thing at CatsCade. :shock:

Andy

·
Registered
824 Posts
Brian,
Reservation is made. See ya there!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Darryl, check your tires before you come (lol).

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It seems, for me anyway that getting back down there for a trip has proven to be difficult at best :wink: :wink: Last spring Marble Falls had to have hand surgery, this fall at Harrison ended up in hospital week before departure. That is all a part of life though.

Anyway I am setting up a trip To Kerville for March. It will probably be my first time back on the Wing. It is 1250 to 1300 miles depending on what route I decide on. I will probably plan on three days down, not knowing how I will fare out.

My original idea was to combine the Grand Canyon on this trip before heading home. I think that will be too much not even considering the weather between here and there in April. Time will tell just what happens.

Question :?: :?: I noticed there are several motels in the area. Will reservations really be neccessary to secure a room at this time of year?? Some opinions would be appreciated on this as I do not know for sure just how many of us will be riding down.

Bob, I do not know about Daryl, but I am pulling the trailer so I will have a spare set of tires with me... You never know.... :wink:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts