GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scoop on next year's Texas Gathering.

Dates are March 30 - April 1 2007.

Location will be the Y.O. Ranch Hotel in Kerrville, TX. http://www.yoresort.com
Rate will be $89 a night and they'll block a parking area for us and Sue's paint booth is she's able to come down. I have some paperwork to complete so y'all should be able to start making reservations next week. I'll let ya know.

Everyone coming down bring a door prize, something relating to the wing or motorcycles. I'm thinking we'll draw names and let y'all swap items. Might be a great way to meet more people and make new friends. I'm open to suggestions in this area, feel free to speak out.

Mesquite Bob will be our "official" meeter and greeter. :D

This is the first time I've attempted anything like this, if I'm missing something let me know!

Brian

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great central location for those who want to ride the " DEEP " Hill
Country. Also a great hotel selection!!
You did good all around.
Two thumbs up!!![/b]

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
How to go, Brian! This ought to be a doozy, as my old grandfather used to say. The riding in this part of Texas is truly extraordinary and I hope a BUNCH of folks are able to come on down!

Mesquite Bob

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
thanks brian

cycledude and i will be there

if anyone has some suggestions on roads in the area, drop me or mike a note

we have done the three sisters already, and did big bend national park last year, so any help would be great

also if anyone has any bbq suggestions in the kerrville area, that would be nice as well

·
Registered
634 Posts
Mesquite Bob will be our "official" meeter and greeter.

:D

Mr. Mesquite Bob is to visit our neighborhood!!

We are honored!! :D

The Y.O. Ranch is a good choice . . .

and a great set-up for Master Mesquite Bob's working of the crowd.

Looks like you are doing pretty good, Mr. Brian!!!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Brian,

It looks like you are doing a great job on this.

I hope things work out so the boss and I can make it. All I have to get her to consent and leave Indiana in March on a motorcycle... We will know more as time gets closer.

I will be looking into trip routings starting tonite... :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
964 Posts
We had a great time last year on our first trip to Texas. We're looking forward to going back.

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
634 Posts
Fred H. said:
You picked a great date and location, and those are the two most important things.
A great time of the year here . . .

I suspect our friends from the North will appreciate Mr. Brian's consideration. :lol:

Roads, weather, food and lodgings . . .

you guys have the makings of a great gathering.

Y'all just need to get the word out!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brian you did good!!

If I can help let me know. Cathy and I will be there, we love the roads in that area.

I might be able to convince some of our club to finally come to a Gathering.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Brian in Abilene said:
Here's the scoop on next year's Texas Gathering.

Dates are March 30 - April 1 2007.

Location will be the Y.O. Ranch Hotel in Kerrville, TX. http://www.yoresort.com
Rate will be $89 a night and they'll block a parking area for us and Sue's paint booth is she's able to come down. I have some paperwork to complete so y'all should be able to start making reservations next week. I'll let ya know.

Everyone coming down bring a door prize, something relating to the wing or motorcycles. I'm thinking we'll draw names and let y'all swap items. Might be a great way to meet more people and make new friends. I'm open to suggestions in this area, feel free to speak out.

Mesquite Bob will be our "official" meeter and greeter. :D

This is the first time I've attempted anything like this, if I'm missing something let me know!

Brian

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now I should be able to get those days off, just a matter if school schedule also works out......
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I am in great hopes that we can make this one. I had to cancel this year due to health issues but you know what they say: God willing and the creek don't rise.

07 could be the year I finnallyy get to enjoy the area as opposed to a quick stopover on the 50CC.

Thanks for setting it up.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Jwen - know where that saying came from? Seems back a few years people were more concerned about the Indians than they were about a small creek. The "Creek" they are talking about are the Creek Indians, so the saying should be capitalized, "The Lord willing and the Creek don't rise." That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Now, how to make this motorcycle related? Aw, forget it!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Wife and I are planning on being there, looking forward to meeting some of ya'll.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Very interesting Bob - very interesting.

I very much am hoping to make it and meet more members of the board.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Texas is on my list of places to see so maybe I will have to come on down and get some cow flop stuck in my treads.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think I will drag my Wonderful Wife to this shin-dig.
(She keeps me in line :lol: )

Does anyone know about how far in advance you need to make reservations ?

Y'All will finally meet The Streak ... 8)
Yellow that is.
(Not Streaker, unless I drink too much.)

Will be Great to meet all of you, Super Nice and informative people.

I have a blast on this board, so i can imagine how it will be in person.

Plus, I gotta meet PoleCat, he seems like a funny guy..
as long as I am not the target of his sarcasm .. LOL

ok ok .. i'll shut up now and just post this message ...
8)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
YW, as soon as Brian gets the arrangements made, you can make a reservation. As long as you cancel within their policy (usually 24 hours), there is no charge if you have to bail out later. I'd encourage everyone to make his/her reservation as soon as you can (as soon as Brian has filled out all the paperwork and tells us we're ready to go).

Hope to see you there. We've got a few interesting roads for you to try out!

Mesquite Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts