GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 7 minutes of video on the Willow City Loop, North of Fredericksburg. The Willow City Loop is a well-known one-lane road that has great Bluebonnets and other spring flowers during April. The road is very crowded with tourists during the spring. The road was empty last weekend in mid-December. These little roads make 55 mph feel like you are really moving. No background music on this one, only the lovely melody of that GW motor, the sounds of the brakes (sound like a swarm of locusts), and a few minor tire complaints. I am trying a new posting service so bear with me while I get the link figured out. I wish I could find a free posting service that kept most of the quality of the original video. The reduction in video quality makes it difficult to see the diffference between a paved road and a dirt road. Texas is awesome when it comes to these 75 to 80 degree days in late December. Oh, and yes, I do miss-spell Fredericksburg sometimes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2273050484821547859&hl=en

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Blind Yak said:
Here are 7 minutes of video on the Willow City Loop, North of Fredericksburg.
Well done!

If it wasn't for those damned cattle gates (or whatever you call them in Texas), you could have REALLY opened it up... hehehehe

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
We call them cattle guards, and they really thump the suspension. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Been there and enjoyed that. The rallies in that part of our state always suck, but the riding is always great. Take Care George

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That might have been a nice ride but I don't think I wouldn't subject my Wing to the 11 or 12 cattle guard not counting the road. The highways are bad enough around here.

I see you didn't have to challenge any cow paddies that I could see.

·
Registered
308 Posts
boy that brings back memories for me

1978 and running the country roads on my XR 80 :)

Grinning from ear to ear and only wearing blue jeans and a tshirt.
Smiling the whole time...... I've been riding ever since.

Nate

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
NEAT video!! Kinda reminds me of my bike bike ridin' days when I'd splatter my following buds with cow patties. hehehehe Looks like a neat road and a neat ride. Sometimes you gotta hit some bumps to ride a neat road. Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Blind Yak said:
Here are 7 minutes of video on the Willow City Loop, North of Fredericksburg. The Willow City Loop is a well-known one-lane road that has great Bluebonnets and other spring flowers during April. The road is very crowded with tourists during the spring. The road was empty last weekend in mid-December. These little roads make 55 mph feel like you are really moving. No background music on this one, only the lovely melody of that GW motor, the sounds of the brakes (sound like a swarm of locusts), and a few minor tire complaints. I am trying a new posting service so bear with me while I get the link figured out. I wish I could find a free posting service that kept most of the quality of the original video. The reduction in video quality makes it difficult to see the diffference between a paved road and a dirt road. Texas is awesome when it comes to these 75 to 80 degree days in late December. Oh, and yes, I do miss-spell Fredericksburg sometimes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2273050484821547859&hl=en

Hey,

I'm building a site that I expect to open in the spring. I'm looking for video clips or photos for great rides. Could you email me
[email protected] and see the results as we build on http://www.cyclesynth.com

Thanks,
Colorado Ed

·
Registered
79 Posts
55, yeah right. If I'm not mistaken it looked an aweful lot more like 80-85 on the leads and not the more sedate 55, unless we are looking at cornering speeds. My favorite part of the whole vid is right at the beginning when you head into the third or 4th corner and dump it down, you can really hear the tires lift from the pavement and chatter thru the corner.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can't imagine going around the loop at that speed, the reason to go to the loop is for the beauty of the Hill Country.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts