GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down to Leakey in May for the Texas state CMA rally and trying to find lodging. Both of the cabin facilities in Leakey are booked. Any other ideas without driving an hour? Travelocity was only showing SA for options.

Thanks for your help, Jimmy

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
Try Bandera TX, Kerrville, and Fort Hood. Plenty of rooms. I would try in this order

What is CMA

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
What is CMA

"CHRISTIAN MOTORCYCLIST ASSOCIATION"

Almost all of the rooms within 25 to 30 miles are booked, and Kerrville is a good hour away, but some rooms are available in different places. The Whitten, and Americas Best Value are the least expensive of the group in K-Ville. Camping is still open I hear, if your into that. Remember if you have to travel an hour that Leakey is DEEP in DEER country and be watchful in the AM and Evening...

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will be full too, But there is the Koyote Ranch. Camping and Lodging. They have a restaurant on the place too.
http://www.koyoteranch.com/

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

"CHRISTIAN MOTORCYCLIST ASSOCIATION"

Almost all of the rooms within 25 to 30 miles are booked, and Kerrville is a good hour away, but some rooms are available in different places. The Whitten, and Americas Best Value are the least expensive of the group in K-Ville. Camping is still open I hear, if your into that. Remember if you have to travel an hour that Leakey is DEEP in DEER country and be watchful in the AM and Evening...
My wife's idea of camping is the Hampton. :roll: If I have to drive an hour I guess I will. Nothing like a good ride on the wing to get the blood going in the morning. :clap2:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I will be at the rally in Leakey that weekend, too. There are a few motels in the area that are not listed on the major web sites Unfortunately, I can't remember their names <G> . I am sure that waiting till you are riding thru the area and then bumping into one is not an option.
I checked your profile but found no information that will help me identify you at the rally. I know that you will be on a Wing and that does narrow it down some. Plus I know some folks in my chapter who have wings and I know that you are not one of them because your E mail addy is different. So I am making progress!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I couldn't find any pricing info for that motel. Can you give me a clue?
I looked around, but it appears they've changed their website some. I'm thinking the rooms are in the $60 - $80 range. Last time I was there was last fall and I'm thinking I paid around $80. Give them a call and let them know your on a motorcycle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts