GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you mount them on your Goldwing?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I keep mine under the trunk. It doesn't pick up there, but I really don't care. In Texas, if they don't pick up your toll tag, the system compares the picture of your license plate - and if it is registered to a toll tag, it just hits your account as if the tag was read.

If they can't come up with a tag that works on motocycles, shame on them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I stuck the old style "thick one" on the under side of the left glove pannel door.
It's out of the way and picks up every time. If the red light doesn't come
on you've got it right. :D :biker:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I keep mine in my left glove pocket and when I drive through the toll tag lane I just hold it up wih my left hand.

Thought about putting a piece of velcro on my helpmet and sticking it there whenever I was going to be on toll roads :lol: :lol:

Thought about on the dash but thought it would just be another thing someone would steal if they saw it in a parking lot.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Mine is in the Left pocket. I don't set the trigger off in the toll tag lanes anyway, but have it in case.....

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
i stick some velcro on the windshield, and when i ride the toll road i dig it out of the trunk before i start.. put it away otherwise.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've had mine velcroed to the top of the dash for 4 years now. Works great and never been messed with by strangers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ayup. Ditto that.

If it senses then that's fine and if it doesn't then then look up my license # and just add it to my bill.

A nice HPD rider showed me that 'riding the line' through toll plazas results in a free trip most of the time. However, if the sensors pick you up and you don't have an EZ Tag then they add on few mor dollars to your trip.

IMNSHO, bikes should get a discounted rate on the tolls since they don't cause as much wear on the roadway as what cages and other larger vehicles do.

jimwinger said:
I have mine (the old thick kind) in the right fairing pocket. Works good (although I think the battery is getting weak).

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try the glove panel door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts