GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is getting really old. Another day of 100+ degree day. July 2011 was the hottest on record. Ad in the fact we have little or no rain and people are really stressing out. I ride very early or late to avoid the heat. Fall cannot get here fast enough. My new Wing is just sitting in my shop looking board. :eek:4::eek:4:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I feel for you. Not quite as bad in Louisiana, but the humidity is really a killer !!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Not much better here in No. central Ark. Thursday we broke our all time record at 112 degrees. OUCH!!! Early morning rides for now. Can't wait for our beautiful fall weather!!! :bow:

·
Registered
556 Posts
GLKeith
Im just south of you near Sugar Land, and ive been riding almost every day.
dont let the heat beat ya, ride to get some wind in your face bro.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Come on now Keith--I`m right down the road from ya in Spring and ride up to New Waverly to work 5 days a week---just 40 miles one way so hit the water `fore I leave and haul butt up I-45-------got to admit--if it was many more miles wouldn`t ride as much as I do---IT IS HOT!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Amen to that. I ride in it every day & with the jacket, helmet and gloves I'm definitely ready to jump in the pool when I get home.
Last wednesday when it was 110, I got on the bike and started down the road and checked my air temp sensor and it said 125. By the time I got home it said 109. Now that was a HOT ride :22yikes:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Cupcakes. :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ride every weekday from fort worth to dallas, great at 5am a bit warm at 5pm but I wear the hyperkewl and it stays very cold for the first 30 min then tolerable for the last 30, but if I put it in the frig for a couple hours it stays very cold for the first 30, don't what I did without it even in this heat riding is comfortable.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
The heat here in KY is not as bad as what's happening to our south. However, being from the northeast, I am not used to so much continuous heat and humidity. I ride almost every day, and use the ST-1300 with it's electrically operated windshield that provides a nice hot breeze. I dress rather lightly, but refuse to wear thongs (sandals of course).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Doesn't seem that long ago everyone was waiting for spring.
Good riding is just around the corner!
WHAT !!? Around here we ENJOY riding until spring. Then we start to worry that it'll be hot, humid and/or raining every day (except of course when we're having a drought).

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Predicted high for Wednesday is 109,,,,and then it will warm up.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
I hate to admit it. I trailered my bike up to lexington,had to because of logistics, and felt like a geenius, gineos, smart person. The temp readout of the truck was 113F outside of Hope Arkansas. Rode from Lexington to Frankfort to do a Bourbon distellery tour on Thursday, and the temp at 11:00AM was 84F! Awesome.:cool:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, on way back from work the other day it was registering 108 on the bike at speed...with the wind it was like riding in a convection oven...it's tolerable - just not that enjoyable for any length of time

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Sooooooo All that talk about how "tough" you Texas boys are is just a rumor.......RIGHT?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was born in Montana. Guess I should have stayed there. I agree, the heat here in Texas is getting rediculous.

When I was a kid, I guess I never noticed it, as I played outside all summer long with no problems. What happened?

:roll:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts