GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas has wonderful roads, but, here are some ways around traffic going to Kerrville, Texas. I’m sure others have their preferences but these certainly work for those out of state. Coming from the West just enjoy the ride, no problems..

From the North or North East going thru Oklahoma City (yes its crowded at times) and to avoid I-35 traffic thru Dallas / Fort Worth / Austin / San Antonio try this scenic alternative (plenty of fuel & food) Continue on I-35 south to Denton, Tx, exit on to US380 West and follow that to US281 South to Stephenville, Tx. At Stephenville take US377 South to Comanche, Tx and then South on TX-16 all the way to Kerrville, Tx.
From the East and I-10 take I-10 to Beaumont, Tx then take US 90 West to Dayton, Tx where you will continue West on FM1960 to its junction with TX 6 South to I-10 West and on to Kerrville, Tx.
Or to also Bypass San Antonio at Seguin, Tx on I-10 West take TX 46 West to Boerne, Tx (pronounced Bernie) Then rejoin I-10 West to Kerrville, Tx.

Need other assistance, just ask....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hey Bob, great suggestions as well. Now we just need to get you signed up for Kerrville. :thumbup:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staying at the KOA

Trying out our New to us Toy Hauler that we acquired late last summer...we'll be there... already reserved a spot, just not in a motel or a tent ...

Attachments

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Trying out our New to us Toy Hauler that we acquired late last summer...we'll be there... already reserved a spot, just not in a motel or a tent ...
Great news Bob. Will be fun to catch up with ya. Now, I see that you are holding a few cookies hostage and against their will in that one picture. What can I do to negotiate their release while in Kerrville?:bow::thumbup:;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts