GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG....Its freakin hot!!! 1st night Nevada MO. From there it just got worse. Rail, the wife got heat exh. We had to stop 3 times from the 109 temp:eek:4: tonight staying in Durant OK. Dont know what tomorrow will bring :shrug:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
OMG....Its freakin hot!!! 1st night Nevada MO. From there it just got worse. Rail, the wife got heat exh. We had to stop 3 times from the 109 temp:eek:4: tonight staying in Durant OK. Dont know what tomorrow will bring :shrug:
Sorry to hear about Sherri heat exhaustion. Water drink plenty of water my friends. Can say I did not warn you 2 :cool: I am hoping by mid Oct. It cools down to the 90's :thumbup: stay safe :yes1:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Get your riding done early and get inside by noonish. Stop every hour or less and drink. Water, avoid caffeine, and sugar, and eat a balanced diet. You will get the sodium and electolites you need from food. Gatoraid can do as much harm as good if you don't burn off the sugar, so half it with water and be sparing with it. Save it for after the ride.
Remember that your lovely bride will be very sensitive to the heat for months to years if she has a heat injury, and may take weeks or more to get herself back to normal.

Have a safe trip and turn your vents off of you when on the road as the temp goes above 93 ish degrees, yes it will be hot but you will lose the blast furnace effect.

There is no substitue for hydration, and it sounds like you found out you were behind the curve. It is a tough time for us to ride here too and we are used to the mess. I wish I was in, I could offer some more help. Just take it easy and don't push your luck. Be carefull and try to have fun.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Please take care of yourselves! That heat is oppresive! As has been said keep drinking water!!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yeah but it's a dry heat. :joke:

Oh no! That kinda sounds like one of my national lampoon's vacations. I hope Mrs. Goldwing Kevin is okay. Take it easy, be safe. Please give me a call when you get back, let Spike and I know if everything is okay.- Don

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do you watch the news? Not trying to be a smart a$$ but its been hellishly hot there all summer.

turn north and ride in the morning until you get to cooler climate. Or if you have to ride after dark.

Good luck,

Tim

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well day 3, decided to go a different direction now we are in Shreveport LA. Looked at homes in Mckinney,Longview TX. The trip between here and TX the trailer has got some locking issues and now I cant lock the steering also. Any ideas about the steering:shrug: Ill keep in touch!! Jwen hope your having fun:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The weather had mercy on you today. I hope y'all re feeling better and the rest of your trip is less "eventfull".

Cheers

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Kevin, here's how you fix it: move to AZ and after a few years you'll be able to handle the mid-west heat.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Well day 3, decided to go a different direction now we are in Shreveport LA. Looked at homes in Mckinney,Longview TX. The trip between here and TX the trailer has got some locking issues and now I cant lock the steering also. Any ideas about the steering:shrug: Ill keep in touch!! Jwen hope your having fun:thumbup:
not sure why but the steering lock on my wing is sometimes difficult to lock, i don't use it very often but with a little messing around it always works

looking at homes ?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I assume the steering lock is like most other bikes. WD40 down key hole should loosen up tumblers,it possibly could be stuck in lock further down. Which may require cleaning if pin itself. I never ,ever lock steering on my bikes. Have cable and lock if i am worried aboit locking bike up. Funny story ask me when you get back :oops: Cycledude , they are secretly millionaires and are looking for winter house in the south. Shh :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well today off to see Graceland,but must go through Mississippi just to say I WAS THERE!! Cycledude,just looking if I win the lottery.Im glad the steering lock just doesnt happen to me. Ill try wd rail! And yesterday was much better heat wise. TXREALTER the heat was alittle harse for the YANKEE WIFE! But each day will get better:lol: I will get back to typing later. HAVE A GREAT DAY @ WORK GUYS:lol:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but it's a dry heat. :joke:

Oh no! That kinda sounds like one of my national lampoon's vacations. I hope Mrs. Goldwing Kevin is okay. Take it easy, be safe. Please give me a call when you get back, let Spike and I know if everything is okay.- Don
Hey Walrus,mrs goldwing AOK!:thumbup: ITS A DRY HEAT:lol::lol::lol: F-that to me HOTS, HOT!! I will give you a call when we get back:thumbup:

:thumbup:ITS ALL GOOD!!!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Glad all is AOK!!!!!!!!

Say hi to Elvis for me it is a neat place to visit:thumbup:

Have a continued great trip!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Glad all is AOK!!!!!!!!

Say hi to Elvis for me it is a neat place to visit:thumbup:

Have a continued great trip!!!!!!!!
Elvis is living in Kenosha, Wi.I got proof !! Still plays Elvis "imitator" at the Brat Stop Bar. Seen him with my own eyes and wife will back me up on this ONE.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well,seen Graceland...Awesome,did not go for the tour. Admission $30 self tour, $70 for the vip tour, alittle to much for my blood and thats per person :22yikes:Made it to Dyersburg Tenn. for the night.97 degrees today. Tomorrow heading for Kenosha Wi. From Longview TX up to here it all looks like Wi. Next year Im (we)are going out west for change. Steering still dont lock:roll:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Well,seen Graceland...Awesome,did not go for the tour. Admission $30 self tour, $70 for the vip tour, alittle to much for my blood and thats per person :22yikes:Made it to Dyersburg Tenn. for the night.97 degrees today. Tomorrow heading for Kenosha Wi. From Longview TX up to here it all looks like Wi. Next year Im (we)are going out west for change. Steering still dont lock:roll:
Want me to set you up to see Elvis while in Kenosha :lol: steering lock I will look at when you get back for ya :thumbup: " TX, to tenn.- all looks like Wi. ",,,, dude you need to get off the slab some more ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts