GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We really like Texas. Like the people, the weather (even when it is hot) and the independent spirit. We go to visit relatives in the San Antonio area (actually Cibolo/Shertz) several times a year and are there now. Today for the first time we toobed the Comal River in New Braunfels and had a blast. Very relaxing (except when I went over a 3 foot dam -- but that is another story). We have never brought our Wing but plan to do so later this year.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Don't tell them damned Texans that! Just kidding. TX is a pretty nice place. I don't know if I could weather that heat riding a bike though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Heat? Thats why we install air conditioners on our Wings. Didn't you notice those A/C vents?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah, going over that dam is little more involved than I thought, too..

·
Registered
507 Posts
We really like Texas. Like the people, the weather (even when it is hot) and the independent spirit. We go to visit relatives in the San Antonio area (actually Cibolo/Shertz) several times a year and are there now. Today for the first time we toobed the Comal River in New Braunfels and had a blast. Very relaxing (except when I went over a 3 foot dam -- but that is another story). We have never brought our Wing but plan to do so later this year.:thumbup:
Remphoto.

The over the dam deal can be exciting. A few years ago I took my wife (she is from NH. ) out to the Frio River and went tubing. I went over the falls (about 6 feet high), she came after me. She tumbled over the falls, then did a couple of somersaults before she finally popped up. I was laughing pretty hard until I saw the look in her eye :popcorn:.
I saw the picture of you in the tube. I hope you had some sunscreen on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts