GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drought-stricken Texas is going up in smoke...
Any and all prayers for the affected folks and the
firefighters would be greatly appreciated.
Please pray for rain or some Divine intervention
to prevent any more loss of life or property.
Last count was 2 lives and right at 475 homes lost.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Right now just the friction between a couple of weeds will spark a fire. We need a hurricane to hit somewhere between Corpus and Brownsville. :?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I just got off the phone with my mom. She lives in Pinehurst, about 20 miles from Magnolia where a lot of surrounding subdvisions have been evacuated due to wild fires. So far she isn't in any threat, but told her to turn the car around and point it out the driveway just in case she has to leave on a moments notice. What a wierd year for weather this has been.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Right now just the friction between a couple of weeds will spark a fire. We need a hurricane to hit somewhere between Corpus and Brownsville. :?
Having lived in Texas for the majority of my life I understand the desperation for rain, but be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I live(d) less than 2 miles from the point of origin of the Bastrop Texas fire.
We had just gotten home from a photo shoot in Hunt Texas when the fire started. It spread so quickly that we were being asked to evacuate almost immediately. I still had our photo trailer hooked up, so we loaded the dogs and a few other things and got out. I found a pet shelter 20 miles to the south west and took the dogs to them, but they had to evacuate two hours later, so now the dogs are living in my photo trailer.

At this point, 25 to 30,000 acres and at 400 to 600 homes consumed by the Bastrop fire. Nobody really knows what houses are still standing.

Even though I lived so close to the origin of the fire, the winds have been in our favor, so I remain cautiously optimistic. That is all any of us can do at this point.

I will try to post some pictures later.

JM

·
Vendor
21,887 Posts
I live(d) less than 2 miles from the point of origin of the Bastrop Texas fire.
We had just gotten home from a photo shoot in Hunt Texas when the fire started. It spread so quickly that we were being asked to evacuate almost immediately. I still had our photo trailer hooked up, so we loaded the dogs and a few other things and got out. I found a pet shelter 20 miles to the south west and took the dogs to them, but they had to evacuate two hours later, so now the dogs are living in my photo trailer.

At this point, 25 to 30,000 acres and at 400 to 600 homes consumed by the Bastrop fire. Nobody really knows what houses are still standing.

Even though I lived so close to the origin of the fire, the winds have been in our favor, so I remain cautiously optimistic. That is all any of us can do at this point.

I will try to post some pictures later.

JM
If you need a place to stay you are welcome at my house.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
These fires are awful. I hope no more lifes are lost

I like the ride thru the Bastrop State Park south to the other state park. Perry is suppose to be sending troops from Ft. Hood to help. Obama could care less unless it was his golf course that was on fire

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you need a place to stay you are welcome at my house.
DITTO on that offer for a place to stay, I have limited space, but could accomadate 1 or 2 people...
PM if needed

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you had a little respect for the office, you would be shown respect in return.
There are many jobs, positions, and offices which are worthy of respect. We can only hope the person in each of these positions acts and performs in a manner of upholding the respect of that position. Respect for that person is something that he/she has to earn by their decisions and actions. It is not an honor to be bestowed just because of their high opinion of themselves and the position they hold.

IMHO

Mike

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
These fires didn't just start themselves. Its either Texans burning Texas or so called, acts of God. Looks like a clear cut case of what comes around goes around. All the haters do is talk smack about him. 'Obama suks this', 'Obama suks that'. And now you want him to help ? If you had a little respect for the office, you would be shown respect in return. What would you like Obama to do ? Send some humanitarian aid. If I were Obama Id send Y'all a years worth of Marshmallows and BBQ sauce. Hypocrites! Oh' or maybe Rick Perry could hold another Prayer-a-thon. That will surely help get the fires out. Obama will help Texas. Unlike bush w/ Katrina in NOLA. It took Gen.Petraeus to get anything done.
I just can't begin to tell you how much your post offends me and really PISSES ME OFF.
Kurt :nojoke:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I just can't begin to tell you how much your post offends me and really PISSES ME OFF.
I hear ya Kurt.
This is one of the main reasons I don't come to this forum anymore.
No matter what you post , you will get jack asses like this posting stupid Crap.
The only other forum I'm on is mostly people younger than me, (47) and You seldom see this kinda crap on there.

Back to the subject , anyone in the Austin Round Rock area need a place to stay for a bit, I have a spare room.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im lucky as Im in Round Rock but west of here was not so lucky.
Im good but a few friends are still not sure whats left of their house and wont know until they are let back in .
I have a couple of riding friends in Bastrop and dont know yet so to all that are in the area I wish safty for you and yours

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dont waste it on me. Piss on the fire.
You give a bad name to trolls .
People like you seem to hate to much and enjoy to little
or maybe thats the issue yours is too little to enjoy .
Ill ask your wife next time she stops by

Ahh people like you makes it a bad thing to be Irish

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
From California here's hoping the best for our brother Texans. Nothing I can do from here, but my best thoughts and well wishes are with you.

as a sidenote. Don't play with the trolls. They like it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Kurt,Plain and simple he's an IDIOT. (The Person that made the ABSOLUTE STUPID Post) .. Big behind a keyboard. Anyway I just checked on Wes's place and all is good there.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Noon News Update

The update figures from overnight are estimated now at 600 homes lost.
Please turn all negative thoughts into prayer for those affected
and especially for all the firefighters and people trying to help... :yes1:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Kurt,Plain and simple he's an IDIOT. (The Person that made the ABSOLUTE STUPID Post) .. Big behind a keyboard. Anyway I just checked on Wes's place and all is good there.
Tom, how far away from the fire are you and Wes?
Kurt :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.