GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for comments from anyone that has one installed - good, bad or indifferent.

Need to mount a Zumo and my relative OCD requires it being situated midline. Since a dash mount is not much of an option this seems like a reasonable alternative to the more common left or right handlebar mounts I've seen.

Thx for any comments in advance....

·
Registered
763 Posts
I looked at all my options and went with the Texelent Bar. The Texelent Bar that I brought has four positions that you can use with you GPS and other things. If you want more height to your GPS, just buy a longer Ram mount. I have no problems with my GPS at all. I did like Jon's dash mounting system, but I didn't like the ideal of putting holes in my dash and blocking the air vent a little in the windshield. My biggest thing is that where ever yours eyes go, more that likely your handle bars with follow. I went on two trips with people with GPS's mounted on either the left or right side of there handle bars, let just say that they came too close to on coming traffic for me and everbody else. God was looking down on them those few days.

I'm sure some of the other guys on this board will post some real cool and amazing picturers of their mounting systems for their GPS and other stuff. Some of these guys can get real creative. What ever you do, do it for safey and for your self.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one on my Wing and like it a lot. Everything fits nicely the way it should. You can get different style mounting brackets etc. I mount an I-Way 500C(kinda heavy) GPS and a radar detector on mine. I would buy it again... Jeff P

·
Registered
19,314 Posts
I use RAM MOUNTS on both sides
I would rather have the pricey Texelent Bar

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
having a crash is nasty

just imagine a crash with you getting tangled up with that texelent mount

i found that the bar is much too low for my liking

to be able to view a gps, or whatever

the dash mount puts the gps in your normal line of sight

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have it on my Wing. Works great, thought it might help with the front end wobble but I don't think so.
You can put in on a couple of different ways.
good luck
greg

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx to everyone for the input - sounds like it's certainly worth a try. Heck if i don't like it i'll try something else...i've certainly wasted more money on less!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts