GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
For the Butler, You'll need the 2 hole Clamp
For the GPS, the 6 hole Clamp
And for the Radar Detector, the Three hole Shelf support would work fine, but you may need to actually make a small shelf by getting a small piece of sheet aluminum from your local hardware store.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Does anybody have the Texelent bar mounted on the 1800? Does it block your vision of the gauges? Does it interfere with the Key? I haven't seen one and I darn sure want to get one while the sale is on.

Thanks for your replies.

Bulldog

·
Registered
78 Posts
Telexent Bar

Bulldog,

I have the Bar installed on my Gl1800 and it does not interfere with anything. It is really a cool option. I bought mine from the Chef and he walked me through the purchase. All the mounts are separate and he needs to know what you are going to place on the bar. I have my XM radio and a drinking cup is all. You can really load that bar up with goodies if you wish.

Art Vomberg

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hey Bulldog I have one and love it.
I will try and post a picture , It does block like the CB channel and that stuff but not the important stuff. You can also mount it inverted then it is closer and down further (which I didn't do) but have seen that too. It looks like a 747 ready for flight.

Chef, I had my radar detector directly attatched to the shelf and velcro'd, then a buddy at a rally just cut a small 3x3 inch piece of plastic and we drilled two holes and voila secure.......

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I am sold, based on Arts and Joy's recommendation. Thank you both. I have seen Tom's pics, but I believe they were on a 1500.

I have never had my GPS in front of me, and I think I might like it.

Thanks once again.

Happy New Year.

Bulldog

·
Registered
615 Posts
Bulldog it is just right there. Take off the rocker type holder and it fits perfect. Have the six hole bracket on the bar and Sit on the bike and make sure it is nice and visable to you and then tighten it down . You won't have to move it again. Never a problem with visability even in direct sunlight. (I have no visor on it)
PS,

·
Registered
615 Posts
Forgot what the PS was for , sorry. crs sydrom

·
Registered
90 Posts
Texelent and SPIII

I just mounted my Texelent Bar and the SPIII. I inverted the Bar which brings it down close to the console. I used the Ram mount and the six hole clamp and it is great. It does not interfere with anything. I haven't mounted anything else on it yet, but plan to get a radar detector soon. Chef was extremely helpful. SLIDE

·
Registered
615 Posts
David very nice. I have a question about the 2610 , does it have a rocker type base that you can adjust the level of viewing it.? Mine had that rocker base and I took it off and the I used the 6 hole mount.
I like your pics and naturally, your bike. Joy

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
just a "weird" thought = (I have a lot of 'weird thoughts :D )

does this bar help dampen handle bar vibration ?????? my right hand goes numb after a while (okay I could have worded that better :shock: )

·
Registered
29 Posts
I mounted the standard Garmin base to the six hole base with the adheasive pad and 1 bolt. The rachiting base is still attached.

How did you remove the stock mount, I've looked at it, but can't figure out how to get it off.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Darmes, I think it screwed off and then I used those screw holes. I really forget I will take a look in a few minutes.

And , about the handle bar fee, yes it feels a tiny bit tighter at first but now I don't notice it. I also wondered that about people who were having the numbing feeling

·
Registered
317 Posts
One quick question for the ones in the know. If you have installed the MBL risers can the Texelent mount still be used?

I have all my gadgets mounted with Ram products. Will go the Texelent direction on the wife's bike if it will work with the MBL risers. That is if she chooses to mount anything besides her Butler Cup.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Is it just me....

...Is it just me, or do others think that bar running across is pretty ugly. I think folks should take a look at one in person before they decide. I saw one and knew that this was not for me. I use the RAM mounts and the Butler cup mount that came with it -- does not block my view in the center.

Just another perspective.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dames, I looked and all I have left is the rocker. So I think I just worked the rocker off some how and used the remainder of the holder to screw to the 6 hole mount. But I mounted the 6 hole verticle.

And Wingnutzz, after I put Butler cup on I gave up and went the whole way. I like you wanted a clean dash look. Buttttttt I have it this way because first of all it works and second of all it is very convienent and in sight. Joy

·
Registered
615 Posts
The guy that sells the MLB's Maurice , is working on how to adjust everything with his risers. I have a set but have not put them on yet. If I get that done this winter , I will let you know how it goes.
It was alittle tough with just the V+P risers. Joy

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Texelent Bar won't fit with the MBL risers, a shorter cross tube could be made, but I didn't like the risers and removed them anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts