GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank John and his team at Bushtec for replacing the V2 hitch tubes for me today, free of charge :)

Whilst I was up in Alaska, I noticed that the hitch was at a funny angle, and upon inspection noticed that a bolt was missing (either rattled loose, (doubtful) or was left out / loose during a tire change).

With the bolt missing, the tubes were able to twist, which on the bumpy Alaska roads led to a weld breaking. I had a repair done in Whitehorse, but was always worried that it might give way again.

I spoke to John at the Wings Over the Smokies rally, and he said to pop into the factory and they would sort me out. I was expecting to have to pay at least for the labor, but was pleasantly surprised when he informed me that there would be NO charge....!!!!

This was above and beyond normal customer service in my opinion, and I feel rather guilty that I was questioning the cost of the hitch when I had it fitted at Americade earlier this year :oops:

I am not sure whether any of the other hitch manufacturers would have been so generous in replacing the parts (given that the damage was due to circumstances beyond their control) let alone having one of their staff do the replacement for me?

Thanks again John, it was much appreciated :)

Charles

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Charles,

No surprise here. We have come to expect and receive such "Top notch" customer service from the whole Bushtec team.

Glad to see you are spending money here in the States all summer...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yep... I have yet to hear a bad word about the Bushtec customer service. :yes1:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
After seeing that picture of your tire that looked like a snake about ready to molt I get the impression that you are a man of adventure. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts