GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jon

I put the wife on a plane for Colorado this afternoon. Came home and took over the dining room table. Less than a 1/2 hour I had a working board that gives me one pulse when 12v is applied and all for $10. Love the price. Connecting this to the high beams should be a breeze. No holes to drill. No extra switches. No reaching into the left pocket. The wife will love it. You really should market this.

Ever since I had a van stolen I have been leary about leaving garage door openers in my vehicles. With your idea of using the board I am going to order two more and then set the openers inside the dash. Neighbors will probably go nuts wondering why we keep flicking our high beams but what the heck-give them something to think of.

Soon as we get the Christmas bills down we will be ordering the shark lights.

Thanks again Jon.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Jim n Judy said:
Soon as we get the Christmas bills down we will be ordering the shark lights.

Jim n Judy.....You'll love the Shark Lights. :D
I'm setting mine up (with Jon's help) to come on when I hit the luggage lock button on my remote control. This way the lights will be on when parked at a restaraunt, or a stop for a barley-pop. They will turn off when the bike is started or when I open the luggage via the remote. This way they won't be constantly on. Jon had them running constantly for over 24 hours with only a 1/2 volt drop in battery voltage. (i won't be in a bar that long!!) This should really turn some heads when parked next to some of those V-twins !!

Jon is an amazing guy and a real asset to the board!! :clap2:

Steve

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
hedoman said:
I'm setting mine up (with Jon's help) to come on when I hit the luggage lock button on my remote control. ...

There is a wire under the seat that goes up to the remote receiver in the trunk lid that has ground when the bags are locked. Follow the wire bundle from the trunk lid to the harness under the seat. It should be a white wire (may have silver "dots" every 4 in.). There is also one that has ground when unlocked. These two wires is how the "passive re-lock" knows when to lock. Trying to use the "lock/unlock" pulse will involve building some circuits to control the shark teeth. I have identified every wire that the remote receiver uses and wire color in the harness...... if interested.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I knew you could do it, Jim!!

If you make the harness using the E/C connectors per the schematic, it'll be a true "plug and play" installation. :) The only real "marketing" needed is if someone doesn't want to build the timer module, or monkey with their remote modification, and I'd be happy to help with that, if needed or provide a plug and play harness. (If anyone's interested, you can find the information on this unit by clicking here)

Steve, your "Alarm Mode Interface Module" is on its way to you today, you should see it by Friday or Saturday at the latest. The wire that you need to access is the Pink/White wire, either under the seat at the "Turn Signal Diode" or under the LH pocket in the round 14-pin connector that feeds the hazard switch. This wire is momentarily hot (+12V) when the remote lock is activated. The module I built will energize the KR controller until the bike power is restored.

The version that I'm building for my bike includes an "Alarm System Activated" voice that will annunciate from a speaker mounted up under the fairing. I'm also going to pick up the the "call" circuit that normally activates the horn and have it announce a "polite warning message". I've activated the horn for fun when I see people milling around the bike, it should be even more fun to have the bike start talking to them. I loaded the sound files on the digital chip today, but will have to wait to finish it until this weekend.

Thanks for the nice words...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Jon said:
Thanks for the nice words...
Man Jon, you are too much! Someone needs to hire you and pay you lots of $$! If you need recommendations, I'd say you have quite a few on the board who'll throw a good word in for you! :D

You have a lot of great ideas... looking at your site is always interesting!

Thanks again for all you do!
Mike

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I am a chicken poop, when it comes to electronics, soldering wires etc.

Jon and I came up with a better plan.

Jon, with your knowledge of electronics, there is little you could not do in the Spy and Security business.

Thanks for helping me out.

Happy New Year.

Bulldog

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Bulldog,

I got your opener yesterday and the completed assembly should be on its way to you tomorrow (assuming I can get to the Post Office through all the SNOW they're predicting!!)

This kind of weather is supposed to be on the East Coast, not here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts