GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
17,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He posted this on my JustWings - GL1800 Service and Repair Facebook page.

I usually don’t contribute the frass that accumulates on web enterprises such as FACEBOOK but I feel I must!!! Greg, proprietor of JustWings, Goldwing 1800 Service, Zephyrhills, FL is a National Treasure!!! For anyone who is an owner of a Honda GL1800 Morotcycle, get to know this guy, even if he is not in your local area (I live in MD). He knows his stuff better than any HONDA Dealer – PERIOD. He is been an owner of GL1800 machines, and has been in the business of repairing, optimizing and maintaining customers’ Goldwings for many years. I first learned of JustWings when my 2008 GL1800 transmission started ghost shifting in 2013 with 13k miles on the odometer. I took it to my local Honda dealer (under extended warranty) and it was stated by the proprietor that “Goldwings had notoriously clunky transmissions – not to worry”. Realizing they were full of crap, I started looking around for a competent service establishment, no matter where, and JustWings was always popping up as the go-to place for serious transmission, engine - just about any GL1800 repair that was needed. Blog sites (GoldwingDOCs, GL1800Riders, Goldwing Forum, etc.) always suggested going to the JustWings site and talking with Greg if you wanted the ultimate diagnosis for your GL1800 issues. At 30k miles (really that not many for a Goldwing), on a sunny Indian summer day in January, 2020, 4th & 5th gears ground themselves to pieces and I really wasn’t surprised as per the description of the GL1800 transmission issues observed and repaired by Greg over the years that were precisely described on his JustWings website. Luckily, I was able to limp home and I called him IMMEDIATELY. I was incredibly impressed with the no-nonsense, amazingly knowledgable and down to earth person at the other end of the phone line. None of the Honda dealers or Goldwing mechanics in the area would even consider working on this repair – to Greg, this was just another service call. I sent my engine to JustWings, with helpful friendly advice all along the way - I received great engine removal tips that were not listed in the Honda 2006-2010 GL1800/A Service Manual, proper methods for crating and shipping the engine, and great reinstall/break-in recommendations. We’re all reassembled now and all I have to say is “For Christ’s sake, thank you Greg for all of your help and expertise” – I love my brand new 2008 GL1800 – it shifts and runs silky smooth, better than when I purchased it, and I am looking forward to running this motorcycle into the ground - it should easily last another 100k miles but I’m pretty sure I will wear out first…

JustWings - GL 1800 Service and Repair
Comment

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
You've earned that reputation and outstanding review. (y)

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg
1 - 2 of 2 Posts