GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank everyone that has helped me navigate my headset issues over the past few months. Took a trip with the wife this past weekend and the Packtalks, nav and music worked the whole time. No headset rebooting, no phone unplugging...I loved it! this site rocks!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! i paired the bike to phone channel 1. still have a couple of small issues to work out.

my cardo commands arent working. when my wife was using her phone they worked but while were connected they dont and theres a lot of wind on her mic. looking at turning down her sensitivity level and getting a taller windshield. shes been riding with her face shield down, poor thing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I read somewhere that you can place like a thin latex balloon over the mic and then place the sponge cover over that to eliminate wind noise in the mic.

[1B][/B]
thank you! i paired the bike to phone channel 1. still have a couple of small issues to work out.

my cardo commands arent working. when my wife was using her phone they worked but while were connected they dont and theres a lot of wind on her mic. looking at turning down her sensitivity level and getting a taller windshield. shes been riding with her face shield down, poor thing.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read somewhere that you can place like a thin latex balloon over the mic and then place the sponge cover over that to eliminate wind noise in the mic.

[1B][/B]
ill give it a try, thank you!

·
Registered
376 Posts
... and theres a lot of wind on her mic. looking at turning down her sensitivity level ....
Sounds like you have a bead on it. There are some setting adjustments you can make when you connect your headset to Cardo's website. Here's a demo of what should happen.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can also try cutting the fingers off a latex glove like the one you would use in the garage to change oil and cover the mic with that and then the foam cover.

I'll have to try that as well, sounds like a solid fix to wind, at least below a gale.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
794 Posts

[1B][/B]
Hmmmmm....... interesting idea. I'll have to try it as well. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts