GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed some gear oil to change final drive fluid on my ST1100 and Wing. Deceided to try some Amsoil as I read a review of major gear oils and Amsoil was at the top of the list. Got ahold of Luther and he asked me if I had the small oil pump that fits the bottle to make filling easier. Let me say this, I have no less than 6 different size funnels that I have used over the years to do this oil service. None of them are worth a damn compaired to this little pump. I'm embarrased that it took so long to discover how easy this pump makes changing the oil.
I'm sure that the Amsoil brand will be a staple for me now and a BIG Thank You to Bulldog.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Yep, He's a stand-up guy! I have had nothing but a Pleasurable Buying Experience from MEESH. Oh and the Dawg too!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gear oil

Yes, I believe that was the report I read. I know it was produced by Amsoil but that doesn't make it not valid. In my case I had used Valvoline Gear Oil in the past. I bought some Lucas Gear Oil and was going to use that, then saw this report. The Lucas seemed to be the worst choice so I ordered the Amsoil.
I hear nothing but good things here on the board about the Amsoil. Plus, without the call to Bulldog, I never would have bought that slick little pump.

Bob VanNess

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bob,

Thanks for the positive words. A salesman I am not, but I do like to offer all the options to my customers and then let them choose.

Bulldog

·
Registered
477 Posts
Needed some gear oil to change final drive fluid on my ST1100 and Wing. Deceided to try some Amsoil as I read a review of major gear oils and Amsoil was at the top of the list. Got ahold of Luther and he asked me if I had the small oil pump that fits the bottle to make filling easier. Let me say this, I have no less than 6 different size funnels that I have used over the years to do this oil service. None of them are worth a damn compaired to this little pump. I'm embarrased that it took so long to discover how easy this pump makes changing the oil.
I'm sure that the Amsoil brand will be a staple for me now and a BIG Thank You to Bulldog.
Bob VanNess
Where did you get the pump from?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bulldog is a stand up guy. I've never met him yet but have bought from him. I bought a case of Amzoil from him a little over a year ago and shipping was really fast.

CTWing (Scott Warner)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bob,

Thanks for the positive words. A salesman I am not, but I do like to offer all the options to my customers and then let them choose.

Bulldog
Bulldog,

I use Amsoil and I've heard of several folks using you to get their Amsoil supplies on this forum. However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how? Is there a secret website or phone # to find you? I can't find it anywhere.:shrug:

Clueless in Louisville....:confused:

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Bulldog,

I use Amsoil and I've heard of several folks using you to get their Amsoil supplies on this forum. However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how? Is there a secret website or phone # to find you? I can't find it anywhere.:shrug:

Clueless in Louisville....:confused:
888-470-5702 Talk to Meesh! She's better lookin than the DWAG!

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks but the website isn't much help. The internal link to the their Amsoil store is either broke or unusable. I'll stick with my usual supplier.

Not sure what this means when selecting their Amsoil store link:

hittnmiss.com - /

11/14/2007 6:28 AM <dir> aspnet_client
11/14/2007 6:28 AM <dir> tinc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts